Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask
Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask
Hi All, brand new CPAP user here and having a rough go of it so far.  

I'm currently using an AirFit F20 full face mask, and it makes a very loud wooshing/venting noise when I exhale.  Then, when I inhale, the mask seems to suck onto my face.  It doesn't happen with every breath, but it's often enough that I haven't been able to fall asleep wearing it yet.  Looking through some older posts, it looks like I do have the "quieter" elbow, and the bag it came in says QuietAir. Any suggestions for making it less noisy?  Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask
Did you end up figuring this out? I tried to use the full face AirTouch F20 tonight (for the first time) — been using pillows for years — and I think I’m experiencing the same thing you did. It’s super loud, and it’s almost like the valve is flapping between being open and shut?

Trying out the full face mainly because I have a cold, so I can’t use the pillows.

All said, I’m hoping maybe I just need to adjust the fit. The pillows are near silent, so if this full face is really that noisy, it’s not gonna happen, haha!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask
Hey!  Yeah, I ended up replacing the elbow and that solved the problem.  More money than I wanted to spend on a dumb piece of plastic but it worked - the new elbow is silent 99.9% of the time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 39 21,582 04-20-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: scottjenson
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,228 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 36,038 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,579 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,063 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 220 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,376 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.