Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Moving from Resmed S9 to S10 - question about old data
Moving from Resmed S9 to S10 - question about old data
Hello members, 
Just got S10 today. Have years worth data in S9's card. Was thinking of using the same card in s10 so my (old + new) data would be uploaded/stored in same location. Be it myair website, or SD card. 
Is it possible to 

1. re-use the same and continue using it without getting it formatted?
2. Will S10 upload data gathered from s9 to myair?

thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moving from Resmed S9 to S10 - question about old data
Hello cheekoo,
Congrats on your new machine, but to answer your question...you have to use a separate SD card for each machine.  Each Cpap has their own serial number and records the Serial Number to the SD card.  
I think if you insert the S9 SD card into the S10, you will lose the data from the S9.

I’m not sure what the MyAir site saves or stores, but if your concerned about preserving your data, simply download the OSCAR Software.  The directions are easy to follow.  After setting up your profile, insert the card from the S9 cpap into your computer and download your data into the OSCAR program.

Be sure to lock your SD card when inserting it in your computer and unlock it when inserting back into the Cpap.

After you have a few days of data from the S10, do the same.  The program should seamlessly transmit the S10 data, while preserving the S9 data.

Or you can set up separate profiles for the S9 and one for the S10 to keep the data separate.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2019, 05:34 AM)cheekoo Wrote: 2. Will S10 upload data gathered from s9 to myair?

No. I use my A10 (what you and many others call S10) at home and my S9 when I travel. Each machine has its own SD card, but I upload from both cards to OSCAR and to ResScan. When I visit my sleep doc I sometimes have to bring in both SD cards to demonstrate compliance, but that is only if I've been doing a lot of traveling.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cheekoo, the free open source software OSCAR creates a backup of the SD card when it is inserted and uploaded. If you have a PC or Mac computer, you should download OSCAR and take a look at the data. This will create an accessible archive. You can otherwise back up SD card data, then use the SD card in another machine, however, keep in mind the machine will format the card if it contains data other than what that machine produces. The data is specific to the model and serial number of the machine.

Keep in mind the SD card data is perishable, especially on the S9. The S9 will format the card if it detects any data corruption, and you say you have "years of data", but I think the S9 will overwrite data older than one year. Anyway, it's worth keeping backups, and no data is useful without software to read it. The software is free.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 243 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 600 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 478 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,075 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 789 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.