Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11
Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11
I am new to the CPAP (well, APAP in my case) world, though I was dx over 20 years ago. Finally decided to get a CPAP, my AHI is 68 and doc prescribed APAP at 7-12 pressure. I have an old CPAP of my Mom's (never used mask though it's over a decade old) and have been using it fairly successfully for about 10 days. I'm really looking forward to a new machine and mask though! (full face mask or hybrid as I'm a mouth breather - thinking the F30i) 

That said, the CPAP store I'm going to I have the option of getting the Airsense 10 Card to Cloud pretty much right away or on a wait list (usually a couple of weeks) for the cellular/wifi? versions of the 10 or 11. All the same price.  I am really uncertain of what to get.  I think an SD card (or ability to easily export my data to OSCAR, etc) is important and I would love app access as well. However, I have read that the Airsense 11 has connectivity issues and that the humidifier reservoir SUCKS to get in and out - especially in, causing spills every time.  Obviously, full access to my data is paramount, I want to know how I'm doing and be able to make changes without waiting a month to get an appointment with doc/CPAP store clinician.

What say you, oh wise and experienced CPAP users? Bonus points if you've used more than one of the machines above! TIA! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11
All three machines will use an SD card, and all three are supported by OSCAR. I've not used or seen an AS11 so I can't comment there. The AS10 is a well proven machine; mine was 7 years old and still working when I upgraded to an AirCurve 10 VAuto.
The cellular modem really only gives your therapist the chance to twiddle your knobs remotely; and if you sign up for myAir, you egt the chance to receive virtual gold stars and other meaningless emails.

There is no ResMed app to report results, however the screen gives good detail when you change the Key word 'Essentials' (in the clinicians menu)from 'On' (minimal display) to 'Plus' (full details).
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to pay a $300 consulting fee which buys me unlimited appointments over the life of the machine, so I plan on taking advantage of that. That said, I'm a good 20+ minute drive from them so in a perfect world, the 11 will be outstanding so I don't have to bring them an SD card every time I want help. I'm fairly techy/gadgety so a machine that talks to an app sounds good. I appreciate your opinion though, and it tracks with what I've seen said about the Airsense 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2023, 04:29 PM)dabrat76 Wrote: I think an SD card (or ability to easily export my data to OSCAR, etc) is important and I would love app access as well.

I'm in the same situation. I would hold out for the AirCurve 10 with a 4G modem. I got one a few months ago and returned it because it made noise. The DME pulled another new one out and it made the same noise.

I will try again with a different DME next month when I have my annual appointment with the sleep doc.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on the waitlist either way but yeah, I'm thinking very seriously I'm going to go with the Airsense 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
dabrat76;
     I use an AS 11 ..  I think the water reservior complaint is Way over hyped !!
Make sure You receive the Apap model with the climate line heated tube ..
It really helps with rain out ..
If Your ins. company has a compliance requirement the modem feature is good ..
The clinician menu is easily accessed and the machine is easily adjusted .. 
     Best of luck with Your Therapy ..
      Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I have only once spilled water with my AS 11, and that was because I clumsily overfilled it. The spillage "issue" is not a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated tube is part of my initial package, I must buy it (I mean, I'm sure I could swap it out but the package price wouldn't change.) So that's good, because I think I'm getting rainout on the current machine. I'm going to dial back the humidity level tonight, being dripped on at 2 a.m. isn't fun. My machine is being paid by the Ontario gov't and private insurance but as far as I know there is no compliance requirement. Thank you for your advice!

And this response is EXACTLY why I wanted to ask real users what they thought. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops, was trying to reply to fly by night - sorry!
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I am in a trial for a APAP machine currently I get top billing since I do not have an actual machine for myself when this is over. Top billing if you will for my choice on what I want to have that is available. I believe that I will be going for the 11 even though I can easily change the options within the clinical menu myself and I pull my own data. To be able to have the doc get the information pulled and sent to them from the DME is much easier for her reference (even if they are a 5 min drive away).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 474 3 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,829 9 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,443 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 121 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 842 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.