Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New mask = high AHI
New mask = high AHI
I have used the Airfit P10 for about a year, but I have struggled with leaks, and even worse, occasionally it creates a sore on my nostril. To remedy this situation I have recently been experimenting, first with the Swift FX (which was horrible) and now with the Nuance. I kind of like the Nuance, but over the first three days my AHI numbers have been way higher than when I used the P10. The first of the following screenshots is a typical night with the P10, and the second is last night with the Nuance.

I am thinking of raising the pressure a bit to see if that would help, knowing that a higher pressure will make it harder to manage leaks. I could use some suggestions for alternatives. And I am perplexed why a different mask would suddenly result in higher AHIs. If the pressure being delivered to my nose is the same, why should it make any difference?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New mask = high AHI
Comparing these two charts, it looks like you also changed machines and settings. Perhaps that somehow helps to explain what's going on?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2020, 02:13 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Comparing these two charts, it looks like you also changed machines and settings.  Perhaps that somehow helps to explain what's going on?

Oops, I should have picked screenshots from the same machine. But the settings are practically the same, and both machines give me much higher AHIs with the Nuance than the P10. The difference in AHI is definitely due to the mask, not the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm puzzled too, JJJ. One thought: take a look at the mask-type settings. I'm not sure what you'll see on your machine's screen, but because your Nuance is a PR mask, there should be some guidance there about how to set the mask type.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2020, 02:48 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I'm puzzled too, JJJ.  One thought: take a look at the mask-type settings.  I'm not sure what you'll see on your machine's screen, but because your Nuance is a PR mask, there should be some guidance there about how to set the mask type.

Both masks are nasal pillows, and that is what the Dreamstation has always been set to.

Last night I finally had a good night's sleep with the Nuance. 

I'm going to keep using the Nuance for a while. Maybe the problem was just getting used to it, although that doesn't make a lot of sense. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 693 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.