Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] RESMED ON USE OF OZONE MACHINES
RE: RESMED ON USE OF OZONE MACHINES
Has anyone had one of these machines apart? I am curious how much crud gets accumulated inside, especially on the fan. With the amount of hours these run there is no way the little fabric filter is stopping everything. maybe I will have to take mine apart just to see what's going on in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lacro, unless you plan to dispose of the machine after your little experient, you should re-think this. If you run the machine in a non-smoking environment and away from where airborne grease or cooking vapors can reach it, there is not likely much on that fan. I do know people that have disassembled and cleaned, but ruined the motor. (Reddit "I tore down Airsense 10"). Once you open the fan motor, all bets are off for being able to put it back together without damage. The pneumatic unit is not available to you to replace. The fan operates a very high speeds, and not much is going to accumulate there.

A member "nashbridges" posted one time to drop off his pictures of tearing down a Resmed S9. This can give you an idea what to expect inside. Even though the form factor is different in the S9, the components are very similar. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-pictures

If you tear down and clean internal parts on your Airsense 10, especially the pneumatic unit, be prepared to replace it if things don't go according to plan.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A friend from church bought a soclean and contacted them to return and here is what she received

Quote:SoClean is aware of ResMed’s recent notification regarding use of ozone to clean its AirSense 10 device. SoClean has been discussing the potential impact of ozone cleaners with ResMed for some time, and we understand why this action was taken. As the market leader in sleep equipment maintenance products, patient health is our number one priority. Since 2012, SoClean has been providing patients with a product that helps keep their equipment fresh, so they can have peace of mind and remain in compliance with their individual therapy. SoClean is used by nearly two million consumers with a variety of sleep equipment. That is why we stand by our product. In fact, we are so confident in our SoClean product that if a patient uses a SoClean with a ResMed AirSense 10 that was purchased on or after February 1, 2020, in the unlikely event the AirSense 10 shows validated damage consistent with the use of ozone from our product, SoClean will cover the cost to repair the AirSense 10 during the initial two year warranty period of the AirSense 10, and for an additional year for a total of three years of coverage. Visit soclean.com/warranty beginning February 1st for details on how to register.

Please direct any questions regarding this matter to SoClean customer service.

Thank you,
Jamie
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 12:53 PM)mesenteria Wrote: Unless I misread it, it seems that they don't care if you use the ozone cleaners on your peripherals, such as mask and hose. 

Insofar as the warranty conditions placed on their CPAP machines goes, they indeed do not care if you use ozone to clean your mask, hose, or anything else in your bedroom or elsewhere. Big Grin
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2020, 09:40 AM)lacro Wrote: Has anyone had one of these machines apart? I am curious how much crud gets accumulated inside, especially on the fan. With the amount of hours these run there is no way the little fabric filter is stopping everything. maybe I will have to take mine apart just to see what's going on in there.

I have done that with a used ResMed S9 that I bought on craigslist. I found no signs of any accumulations of anything.

On the other hand, I have taken apart a Respironics System One machine that I bought new from a DME. It had a nasty odor after just a couple of months of use. When I took it apart I found every internal surface, including the impeller blades, that's exposed to the air stream to be covered with a thin film of grease that had embedded in it what appeared to be dust or dead skin cells. I cleaned it thoroughly and the odor disappeared. Shortly thereafter the unit started to fail. It sits in the cabinet under my bathroom sink, in case I ever need it for spare parts.

The Respironics two-stage filter is, in my opinion, far superior to the ResMed filter. I do wish these machines came with a HEPA filter.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  VirtuClean CPAP Ozone Cleaner moondoggy 16 4,528 03-08-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  NOTICE: FDA Announces Voluntary Recall of SoClean Ozone Cleaners Sleeprider 4 965 12-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,148 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.