Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirMini™
RE: ResMed AirMini™
(04-13-2017, 08:54 PM)lab rat Wrote: I travelled from Sydney to Perth last weekend for a wedding and managed to pack a pair of shoes, my Airsense 10 with mask, tubing and power cord, and my clothes in a CARRY ON BAG. for a 2 night stay.

I used to carry the Airsense in its travel bag separately.

Now having achieved this miracle of light packing I won't bother paying hundreds of dollars on the off-chance I'll fly again soon.

'
I don't use a cpap on the plane.  I travel overseas for extended periods each year and in an
effort to travel lighter I will look at the resmed airmini.

Everyone has different needs and wants.  That is what makes the work go round.
Post Reply Post Reply
RRP $2100 Australian Dielaughing  At that price I will happily travel with my Airsense 10 Auto. And from the scant details released so far, only compatible with some Resmed masks due to the in line humidifier. Eat-popcorn

James
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2017, 11:56 PM)Paddington Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 08:54 PM)lab rat Wrote: I travelled from Sydney to Perth last weekend for a wedding and managed to pack a pair of shoes, my Airsense 10 with mask, tubing and power cord, and my clothes in a CARRY ON BAG. for a 2 night stay.

I used to carry the Airsense in its travel bag separately.

Now having achieved this miracle of light packing I won't bother paying hundreds of dollars on the off-chance I'll fly again soon.

'
I don't use a cpap on the plane.  I travel overseas for extended periods each year and in an
effort to travel lighter I will look at the resmed airmini.

Everyone has different needs and wants.  That is what makes the work go round.

What goes around is all around
Post Reply Post Reply
Found a photo while browsing the German resmed site.  I assume this was a mistake as all other country sites show a carrying case.  It's very small...  

[Image: s8BdnuP.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the photo. 
A guy went to the launch in Australia and said it was 133mm x 30 mm but couldn't remember (!!) the other dimension. 

I talked to Resmed Australia and they said it would be released to the market here on May 8. 
Not sure of features, weight, price or anything. 
Except that it will be compatible with Resmed software to collect the data. 
Not sure if it is worth so much for this machine just to have compatible data. 
Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I think attempting to hide the machine until launch does more to annoy potential customers than to build positive anticipation. Perhaps some of their international marketing/sales groups felt the same, because...

Resmed's UK site shows the actual device instead of just the carrying case: https://airmini.resmed.co.uk/. Scroll down the page for an even larger image. It also states the length to be 14cm and weight to be 300g. 

The German site shows the same layout and images as the UK site: http://www.resmed.com/de-de/airmini.html.

Here's a link to the larger image: https://airmini.resmed.co.uk/wp-content/...roduct.png

And finally, I'm not totally sure what the price will be but the sweepstakes terms and conditions (to me, confusingly) state, "Grand Prize (1):  A Sponsor-selected $1,000 gift card and a voucher for an AirMini system and Mask (ARV: $1,999)." Does that mean the total Actual Retail Value of both the $1,000 gift card AND the AirMini w/mask is worth $2k or that the voucher for the AirMini system w/mask has a value of $2k? Not sure. But I'd much rather see the system costing $1k instead of $2k. 

I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks. In the mean time, ResMed is annoying. I hope their marketing department didn't help design the device.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting the UK site lucidot! That gave us a bunch of info! It doesn't have cellular, it uses bluetooth to communicate with myAir. Secondly, the p10 mask that the woman is wearing in the picture has a new short hose + connection. Is that possibly the p20?
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: Male_with_iPhone_0005_lowres-1200x900.jpg]

It's 13cm wide and 10cm deep

But since it retails for around the same as the full sized Airsense 10 (with humidifier) they clearly want to price gouge and recover development costs quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2017, 05:53 AM)C0mbe Wrote: Thanks for posting the UK site lucidot!  That gave us a bunch of info!  It doesn't have cellular, it uses bluetooth to communicate with myAir.  Secondly, the p10 mask that the woman is wearing in the picture has a new short hose + connection.  Is that possibly the p20?

I believe it's a P10 mask "purpose built" to connect to the ultra slim Airmini tubing. The terms of the competitions to win a machine state it's a machine and mask set/ combo.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow that thing is small.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,305 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 157 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 928 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 309 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 362 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 252 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.