Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirMini - Not Enough Air Flow?
ResMed AirMini - Not Enough Air Flow?
I'm trying the ResMed AirMini for travel so I don't have to carry my usual ResMed machine with me.  Set to CPAP at 10 Cm/H20. Each time I have tried the AirMini, I feel like I'm not getting enough airflow.  The settings are the same as my home machine.  Using the standard AirMini small tubing with AirFit F20 mask.  Tried with regular tubing as well.   Seems the little machine can't push the air fast enough through the tubing  The pressure shows on the AirMini app as being accurate (10 Cm/H20), but I just feel like I can't get enough air.  Finally, I give up and go back to my regular machine for which I do not experience the same sensation of not enough air.   Has anyone else had this issue and is there a remedy to resolve?  I'd sure like not having to cart my home machine around when I travel.  Love the little AirMini except for the sensation of not enough air (almost air-hunger) Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirMini - Not Enough Air Flow?
(02-06-2023, 01:28 PM)SeaPapUser2188 Wrote: I'm trying the ResMed AirMini for travel so I don't have to carry my usual ResMed machine with me.  Set to CPAP at 10 Cm/H20. Each time I have tried the AirMini, I feel like I'm not getting enough airflow.  The settings are the same as my home machine.  Using the standard AirMini small tubing with AirFit F20 mask.  Tried with regular tubing as well.   Seems the little machine can't push the air fast enough through the tubing  The pressure shows on the AirMini app as being accurate (10 Cm/H20), but I just feel like I can't get enough air.  Finally, I give up and go back to my regular machine for which I do not experience the same sensation of not enough air.   Has anyone else had this issue and is there a remedy to resolve?  I'd sure like not having to cart my home machine around when I travel.  Love the little AirMini except for the sensation of not enough air (almost air-hunger) Thanks!

You may want to confirm that you have specified that you are using the Full-face F20 mask in the AirMini app?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2023, 11:01 AM)SleepyDwarf123 Wrote: You may want to confirm that you have specified that you are using the Full-face F20 mask in the AirMini app?

Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I checked and verified that full face mask and AirFit F20 were both selected.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I can think of is the humidX puck.  I have a Resmed AutoSense 11 for home use, and use the AirMini when I travel.  Since I use the humidifier on my home machine, I tried using the AirMini humidX pucks.  But I found them to be obstructive to the airflow, and when new, they smelled funny.

So, I took it out and use it sans puck.  Interestingly, I don't seem to have humidity problems with the AirMini and so I haven't really noticed the absence.  Other than that, the settings are exactly the same between my home machine and the Airmini.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an airmini with a regular hose (hose converter attachment), P30i mask, and an inline HME. I seem to get tolerable airflow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2023, 09:04 AM)dwedward Wrote: The only thing I can think of is the humidX puck.  I have a Resmed AutoSense 11 for home use, and use the AirMini when I travel.  Since I use the humidifier on my home machine, I tried using the AirMini humidX pucks.  But I found them to be obstructive to the airflow, and when new, they smelled funny.

So, I took it out and use it sans puck.  Interestingly, I don't seem to have humidity problems with the AirMini and so I haven't really noticed the absence.  Other than that, the settings are exactly the same between my home machine and the Airmini.

Thank you.  I don't use the HumidX puck.  Good to know it's not necessary.  Will keep troubleshooting.

(02-10-2023, 11:16 AM)sunsaffron Wrote: I use an airmini with a regular hose (hose converter attachment), P30i mask, and an inline HME. I seem to get tolerable airflow.

Thank you.  I've tried both the slim line hose that comes with the AirMini and a regular hose with attachment.  No HME.  Will keep troubleshooting.  Apprecaite the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 5 57 13 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 238 47 minutes ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 307 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,608 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,270 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.