Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 cellular data transmission schedule or frequency
Question 
ResMed AirSense 10 cellular data transmission schedule or frequency
I just started using a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. I'm currently in a location with ZERO cellular coverage, so the clinician added an SD card.

If I drive to civilization, I could plug the unit into the inverter in my vehicle to power it up. Would it transmit the accumulated data right away, or does it do it on some hard-coded schedule (i.e. like only at noon every day). I see nothing in the clinician menus regarding it. 

The manual says "The AirSense 10 device has cellular communication which has the ability to automatically transmit summary and night profile data on a regular basis." So I'm wondering if the "regular basis" means only at a specific time, or whether it would realize it hasn't uploaded any data in a while (or never) and do it immediately.

And does the display indicate that it is doing an upload? I only see symbols for the wireless signal strength, not activity.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 cellular data transmission schedule or frequency
I don't think it has an active upload symbol.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI, to answer my own question, I did drive near a Verizon tower, plugged my AirSense into my vehicle's 120V outlet, and the "no wireless connection" icon changed to show one bar of signal strength. I left it on for about 15 minutes (since there was no indication it was doing anything), then later was able to see my data in the myAir app. So it did upload the data the first chance it got. BTW my unit says it uses AT&T so yay for roaming.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could log into MyAir and check if it's updated?

For me, it usually takes a good half an hour to 3 hours before I can see the data, so I don't think what you're doing is really going to help. And to be honest, most clinicians only give a damn about your AHI and usage hours anyway. That data will be stored on the SD Card and if you use OSCAR, you can always save the results as a PDF and send it to them by email or whatnot.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I were to look at MyAir, it'll probably say I'm dead. There's been zero data into it from my ASV for many moons, therefore I'm probably dead.

So now you know what a post looks like from the other side. Actually if I were there in Heaven, I'd be too busy chatting with saints from the past. A talk with Paul or Jesus would be interesting.

Sorry for off topic. Anyway MyAir is the bleach blonde cheerleader, whereas OSCAR has the data, the techy nerd thing, tea and crumpet time...Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL I absolutely agree - but it would at least let the OP know that the data was uploaded (and presumably the clinician can see the detailed data in ResScan if they choose to). But honestly, I'd probably not bother if I didn't absolutely have to in order to keep my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that keeping machine part is rather important. Good point.

I dunno what data will be needed for my new machine when I get it that is. Don't think my ResMed Astral ventilator goes via MyAir though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 455 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,809 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,616 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,041 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 160 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.