Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Parts
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Parts
I'm looking to replace a wire to the modem that I broke the connector to.

(Why did this happen? I was following the guide on ifixit, and it didn't indicate which direction to remove a wire and I broke the connector. Fortunately this is from the main board to the modem)

Picture of the wire+connector. Does anyone know where I can source this?

imgur.com/a/w7v2KhO

Note, because I didn't tick a box when creating the imgur link, it thinks these are 18+ images. No erotic content is in the images.. unless you consider wires erotic.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Parts
I'd probably try to doctor it up with some thick-ish non-conductive epoxy and call it good. Microsurgery of course. But it would probably work fine if you have the patients and skills.

Sorry I don't have a source for the part, but you could check DigiKey or Mouser. Shipping would probably be a bit steep on such a small part though. Or... maybe keep an eye out for a non-working Resmed 10 series for parts only. Perhaps eBay.

Lastly, some folks are disconnecting their modems to eliminate their exposure to big brother. They may send the wire assy. your way if you can connect with the right person.

Sorry for nothing specific, but I hope this may help.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Just thinking out loud...

Are you sure you need the modem? 

Most of the older Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSe machines used the 3G (CDMA) modems for which cellular service has been discontinued in many areas. Repairing a modem wire in a situation where there is no cellular connectivity may be counterproductive. Before proceeding, you may wish to check if connectivity exists or if your device has a 4G modem and connectivity. 

You may wish to attempt to purchase a wire or modem from a broken machine that lives in one of the DME scrap heaps.

Best wishes.

Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Ray,

I've been trying to find that particular connector on mouser. How would I go about finding that? I'm not even sure about the terms to begin with that. Connectors can range from AC plugs, to headphone plugs, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,841 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 124 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 844 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,633 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.