Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed AirSense 10 water tub gasket replacement
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 water tub gasket replacement
I'm not seeing the link for the video.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try this one:

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2021, 12:55 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Just to clarify....
Are you referring to the gasket between the top and bottom half of the humidifier tank?  It comes with the tank when you buy a new one.

Or the gasket that is inside the machine like in this shot:

The one on the right is a replaceable part you can order from one of the suppliers.  The one on the left I don't think is consumer replaceable, or at least I have not seen it available.

This is exactly what I need replaced and found a video that shows you basically have to take the machine apart and even then you can't find the part to replace it with,

I have a machine that was given to me by a family member who had quit using it.  I want to replace my current one with it because my current one does NOT have a modem on it.

So my question is, will Resmed or some other company let me pay them to replace this part?  It was ONLY used for a few months at most and sat around for 2-3 years.  That silicone gasket has an indent in it and is leaking as I breath, making the machine too loud.  It is not in warranty, nor did I personally buy it from any local company, do not quite know what to do to fix it.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 'gasket' on the left - the outlet from the blower - is part of the blower surround which completely encloses the blower. I doubt that anybody but ResMed has that part, and they don't talk to us owner/users.

My own AutoSet vintage late 2014 has a similar dent; I dabbed some silicone grease on it and it did quiet down. Of course, some sticks to the humidifier tank each time you remove it to fill, so the grease needs to be renewed periodically. Eventually I got used to the noise and tired of greasing the gasket...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 30 9,917 21 minutes ago
Last Post: SuggieBear
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 524 41 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,869 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,259 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 97 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,646 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.