Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP-Excessive Mask Pulsing on inhale and exhale
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP-Excessive Mask Pulsing on inhale and exhale
If it was tested using the "Mask Test" mode then the EPR setting wouldn't matter.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last time (and first, too) I had the pressure checked, the tech did, indeed, turn off the EPR. The machine passed, but the tech forgot to turn the EPR back on when she reset my pressures. I then had the worst AHI in my three years, something above 8. I turned EPR back on and the next night my AHI was back down around 2 or 3. EPR isn't always just a 'comfort feature'.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll have to check with the tech if she used a mask test setting or did she turn off the EPR when she checked the pressure...

Thanks for the feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR will definitely affect the machine pressure. The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset acts exactly the same as the Aircurve 10 bilevel. The machine default pressure is EPAP or your pressure with EPR. It does not trigger IPAP without sensing a pressure drop caused by the user inspiration. You can prove this by looking at any flow rate chart during and apnea event. The machine will invariably be at EPAP pressure unit it senses spontaneous inspiration.

I'm not sure about mask test mode, but I assume your technician just hooked up the machine, turned it on and tested at the set pressure with EPR engaged. The machine is fine. That said, give us a Sleepyhead chart and let's see if we can do better than your tech. #Sleepyhead is free and will give both you and us all the information we need to determine what is going on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was this ever resolved?

I’m experiencing pulsing while awake on a brand new “for her” model in the regular AutoSet mode, 13-16, EPR 2, P30i Mask, “pillows” setting (per mask manual), and slimline tubing. I’ve been using a Dreamstation in either auto 13-15 or 13 fixed, AFlex/CFlex+ 3, so I started out at similar settings. This was just a get acquainted test run, but I don’t think I could sleep that way. I was careful not to hold my breath, and no events were reported.

I use flex because of flow limitation in my nose.

Changing the mask setting to nasal helped some, but not completely.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think we'll expect much of an update on this thread after 1.5 years of silence. I'd suggest you may want to post your own thread to get a better chance at a response. If your left sidebar needs updated, I'd do that before the post so we can be armed with accurate info on devices and such.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure your tube type is set correctly if your using slimline
Post Reply Post Reply
The tube type was correct. It seems to have gotten better after I removed and reseated the humidifier.

I’m not ready to edit the sidebar yet though. I have not yet been able to fall asleep with the Airsense. I had to use the Dreamstation to get some sleep.

The Airsense fan is quiet, but it has an asthmatic wheezing character. As a longtime asthma patient, that is an uncomfortable sound to me, even if barely audible. Beyond that, I lost my wife to cancer that spread to her lungs .... That sound, however subtle, will take some time to get used to.

The Dreamstation sounds more like wind outside the window. That is, to me, a far more peaceful sound.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2019, 05:49 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: The tube type was correct. It seems to have gotten better after I removed and reseated the humidifier.

I’m not ready to edit the sidebar yet though. I have not yet been able to fall asleep with the Airsense. I had to use the Dreamstation to get some sleep.

The Airsense fan is quiet, but it has an asthmatic wheezing character. As a longtime asthma patient, that is an uncomfortable sound to me, even if barely audible. Beyond that, I lost my wife to cancer that spread to her lungs .... That sound, however subtle, will take some time to get used to.

The Dreamstation sounds more like wind outside the window. That is, to me, a far more peaceful sound.

I understand on the reasoning behind what you're saying. Maybe try adding both into the spaces then. Sincere condolences on your wife's passing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been 7 years. Life is good. My fiancee pushed me to finally start CPAP. Still, sometimes it's the little stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 112 Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 170 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,236 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 11 17,254 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: cps22
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,571 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 171 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,201 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.