Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed S10 autoset starts on its own
Resmed S10 autoset starts on its own
n the last week my Resmed S10 autoset has started to start on its own after I take it off in the morning.  This is quite strange as I have been using this machine for at least 6 or more years and never had that before.  This morning it started 3 times.

I hope someone know how to resolve this issues
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 autoset starts on its own
Using the SmartStart option, any slight air pressure/flow change will cause the sensor to initiate a session.  The simple act of grasping the mask near the face contact area is enough air disturbance to set it off.  The "Good Old" S9 models required a "kick start" on occasion, but not the A10s. Due to it also shutting down while sleeping, I had to turn this option off.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I appreciate your response.  But I have used this machine for years and it didn't happen it before those last few days.
Interestingly in the last few days, i often need to push the start button when i go to sleep, in another words it doesn't start automatically.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2020, 08:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Using the SmartStart option, any slight air pressure/flow change will cause the sensor to initiate a session.  The simple act of grasping the mask near the face contact area is enough air disturbance to set it off.  The "Good Old" S9 models required a "kick start" on occasion, but not the A10s.  Due to it also shutting down while sleeping, I had to turn this option off.

Thanks, I appreciate your quick response.  But I have used this machine for years and it didn't happen it before those last few days.
Interestingly in the last few days, i often need to push the start button when i go to sleep, in another words it doesn't start automatically.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
With the mask on, try taking a deep breath and forcing it out. That was the S9's kick start method to wake it up. Another thought; You might have unintentionally turned on the Power Saver mode. This is done by holding the Start/Stop button down for over 3 seconds or longer. To exit this mode, Press the Start/Stop button once. The Home screen should be displayed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The typical life of a Resmed machine is 15,000 hours or 5 years maybe time to start looking for a replacement
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2020, 12:12 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: The typical life of a Resmed machine is 15,000 hours or 5 years maybe time to start looking for a replacement
Good point, I had hoped to wait till S11 is out.  But I am going to have a sleep study next month and then get a replacement
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like [Commercial Link Removed] Supplier #1 has a good sale on the Remed Airsense 10,Autoset at the moment. I just replaced my machine with a new one and will use my 2015 Airsense 10, autoset as my new backup unit. Very nice Cpap machine with good results and reliable.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2020, 01:45 PM)Canuck 2 Wrote: Looks like [Commercial Link Removed] Supplier #1 has a good sale on the Remed Airsense 10,Autoset at the moment. I just replaced my machine with a new one and will use my 2015 Airsense 10, autoset as my new backup unit. Very nice Cpap machine with good results and reliable.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

but those are the same machine, no?
Post Reply Post Reply
They are the same model, but they suggest replacing around every 5 yrs. I have 13,500 hrs on my old one and like it so much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,466 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 73 Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 136 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 202 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 595 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 273 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,307 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.