Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics Remstar auto A- flex humidifier stopped working
Respironics Remstar auto A- flex humidifier stopped working
Hi.
My humidifier stopped working and with the help of this forum I have disassembled the unit and discovered that the red power wire coming off the pc board has gotten hot (white plastic case has melted - see photo). The connection however is tight - I can't get it apart. The rest of the unit works well.
My question is: I can buy a new heater element for $65, but is this unlikely to work, or a waste of money?
Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Remstar auto A- flex humidifier stopped working
Hi Reddog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You would probably be better off to get a new humidifier.
Hopefully, others will chime in on your post.
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
This is like the question I asked myself last week, whether I should buy a new carburetor for my old Toro lawnmower, or just buy a new mower. The new mower would have been nice, and after all I have already rebuilt the ignition, starter, self-propelled drive and other stuff. Well I got the carburetor and the mower now works like new, so I guess I'm stuck with it.

This story applies to your humidifier because you could just get a new auto CPAP with all the latest features and a new humidifier for between $330 (Dreamstation Auto) and $440 (Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset) on Amazon. Or, you could spend $65 and probably fix your humidifier, although no guarantees. No one knows the answer to your question, but what do you want to do, and what can you afford to do? My mower cuts the grass once a week in Summer, but my CPAP is used every night all year long for years. I think there is a lot of value in upgrading the CPAP, and I can live with the old mower.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for that. I like your thinking. 
I didn't realise quite how cheap CPAPs had become, so I'll save burning my fingers with a soldering iron and the angst of discovering that it didn't fix it anyways. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in touch and let us know how the new machine works out. I think you will like the latest auto machined. FWIW, I am strongly partial to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.

I'm off to mow the lawn.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 366 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 259 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,852 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  nore cpap is working, again ? Jst617 5 190 03-31-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 149 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 477 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.