Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SLEEP8 CPAP CLEANER
Question 
SLEEP8 CPAP CLEANER
My DME just pitched me on a new CPAP cleaner called the SLEEP8. It appears to be another "activated oxygen" aka ozone device where you put your mask, hose, and water chamber in a closed bag, attach the bag to the SLEEP8 unit and then turn it on. Allegedly it cleans up to 99% of bacteria. It is touted to be quieter than other units, portable, and has a USB-style charger. (Note: other threads cover the efficacy and efficiency of ozone devices).

What makes it look scammy is that I was told that the unit had an MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) of $319, but was discounted to $299 -- but if I bought it now I could have it for $199.00. Amazon has an  MSRP of $219.00 and an offering price of $219.00.

This looks pretty much like those cheap foreign devices that cost a fraction of the retail. 

Additionally, the bag looks like a consumable and is guaranteed for 90-days. Replacements appear to be approximately $21.00. 

Anybody else being pitched?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SLEEP8 CPAP CLEANER
No one has pitched any kind of an automated cleaner to me since having started on CPAP. Early on, I did pose a few questions to this forum and it's members in regards to a SoClean. 

It didn't take much to convince me that good ole hand washing of the equipment was the best way to go. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done asking questions about the automated cleaners.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Just what we need. Another ozone generator that claims to clean but doesn't. I googled it and found instructions that cleaning of CPAP equipment with detergents is not necessary but that the "cleaner" itself should be cleaned regularly. Another scam.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This device looks the same as numerous other Trioxygen (also  called "ozone") cleaners... you can buy a similar device off Amazon for $45.  Aliexpress sells it even cheaper than that... they all do the same thing... and in my view are entirely unneeded.

[commercial link removed - instead, search Amazon for "Moocoo CPAP Cleaner & Sanitizer"]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks 

Looks like the two devices are functionally equivalent and you can't beat saving $150.00.
Proving once again, the value of the Apnea Board for common sense and collective wisdom.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VirtuClean CPAP Ozone Cleaner moondoggy 16 4,534 03-08-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Purdoux [CPAP mask & hose cleaner] Mrzocor 2 591 06-24-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  New CPAP cleaner djfro 3 717 03-22-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: djfro
  [Equipment] CPAP cleaner recommendation smallur 14 3,959 09-22-2021, 08:11 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Sleep8 AirFit F20 Safety Question astraith 4 964 03-16-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Resmed auto sense10 sounds like vacuum cleaner Beaumont1124 3 2,496 11-27-2020, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Mercergirl
  CPAP cleaner Respify [anyone buy this?] purpleh2 27 38,421 03-29-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: 70sSanO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.