Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Skinny hose okay?
Skinny hose okay?
Stopped by my DME supplier's office and bought a new hose ($24 !!) for my 4-year old Respironics REMstar Pro.

Got home and realized it was smaller in diamater than the ones I've used in the past.  "SlimLine", I think it's called.

Looked it up on websites, and wonder if it's universal, or only for certain newer machines ( ? ).    Seems like air blowing thru a smaller hole would be under more pressure -- but then, I flunked Physics . . . 

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Skinny hose okay?
It's OK.    Look in your setup menu to see if there is a hose parameter setting.  My Resmed has a Slimline/Full hose size setting.   I'm uncertain if yours will have this option.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum, glad you found us MARsshh!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Hi, thanks for your post.

My machine doesn't have a hose-size setting (not one I can find anyway).   But the fact that your's does just makes me wonder all the more.   You'd think the vendors would make it clear on their websites, but noooo-o-o-o.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty sure that my Dreamstation has a hose size setting.  It is in the Clinician's Menu.  

See the CPAP Setup Manuals at the top if the page if you don't know how to get into this menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MARrshh,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question, good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably won't find a hose size setting on the REMStar Pro. But it will not matter any in any meaningful sense for your use. Pressure is pressure in a closed vessel. I use 15 mm tubes exclusively now and two of my machines predate the 15 mm hoses too. No problem or notable difference in any case.

OMMOHY

Not that it means anything or is even remotely related to this thread, but I am coming to the position that I prefer listening to the radio xmitted via RF over all the streaming and digital things. Mono, not stereo even. I'm working on my curmudgeon merit badge, third degree.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slimline is a decent hose, but why they didn't just give you a Respironics brand hose is beyond me. They are quiet as well and the cost is the same.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 642 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,561 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.