Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Started using AirSense 10 AutoSet #2
Started using AirSense 10 AutoSet #2
I started using my second AirSense 10 AutoSet.

I started the first one on 8/1/2018 according to ResScan 5.5.0.9285

I had been getting the motor lifetime message.

After all this time, I found the About menu item! So...

Device SW SX567-0302
Run hours 22888

(I am guessing the motor message kicked in at 22000 hours.)

CX Number CX036-037-013-024-100-100-100

Humidifier SW SX556-0204

Internal Modem SW SX558-0324

Provider Type CDMA

(Obviously no cell operation anymore, being 3G.)

The power brick failed maybe a year ago. I brought it into the DME supplier and they replaced it. By then I knew I was getting close to the 5 year threshold, So I asked about another A10. Was told they are hard to find. I told them when they come across one let me know.

Well, earlier this month I was at another DME supplier and discovered they had one. There is a procedure to switch suppliers. So I stopped at DME #1 to start the process and discovered they now had AirSense 10 AutoSets! Not pleased they didn't tell me. I needed an updated prescription, so contacted my Primary Care. I had to nudge them a few weeks later, but the script was received at the DME the next day. I picked up the machine later that day as the insurance was verified (Medicare + MediGap).

Its About menu info:

Device SW SX567-0401
Run hours 20

CX Number CX036-039-042-026-104-100-101

Humidifier SW SX556-0204

Internal Modem SW SX558-0615

Provider T-Mobile DATA O

Type 4G

Service -14,4

Signal -115 dBm (one bar)

It did not come with an SD card. From what I have read here, this is now the norm.

I had a Crucial 2GB on hand, so Windows formatted it and plugged it in as a temporary measure.

The previous machine had a ResMed 4GB card. Older data eventually got overwritten. But I usually transfer to ResScan at the DST time change so I didn't lose anything. Want to do that before I change the time.

But I wanted a larger SD card so that wouldn't happen again. Was really confused about SDHC supposedly not being supported, but lots of posts here said any SD card would work as long as 32GB or less.

So today I picked up a SanDisk SDSDB-032G-A46 that was on sale.

I formatted it with SD Card Formatter, to be safe. Then Robocopy'ed /E the 2GB card contents to it. Plugged it in, got the prepare message, but for not as long as when I plugged in the empty 2GB card. It was accepted! A good sign is the Run hours are still 20, so it appears the card was not wiped during the prepare. But even if it was, I only would lose three nights of data.

Question: What will happen when I plug in the 32GB SD card into ResScan? The data from the first A10 is still there. I have no idea what will happen.

The replaced power brick with the first machine is:

IP22

90W AC ADAPTER

Model No. 37001

DC OUTPUT 24V 3.75A

R370-7395 (DA-90D24)

MFG Date 2017.09.27

(The original power brick laid on the mattress. I wonder if that trapped too much heat. I placed the replacement on a heatsink for T-03 transistors, on top of the fins. Now there is air circulation on the bottom.)

The power brick with the new machine is slightly smaller.

IP22

90W AC ADAPTER

Model No. 37006

DC OUTPUT 24V 3.75A

R370-7565 Rev 4.0

DA-90F24-BAAA

MFG Date 2022.08.12

Since both power bricks have the same output and plug, I am using the older brick with the new machine. Now I have a spare.

I can also keep on using the same supplies. And I don't have to worry about newer machines possibly encrypting the data.

The next step I need to do is a compliance follow up within 90 days with my Primary Care or the Sleep Center there.

I apologize for the length of this, but trying to provide possibly useful info, especially the SD card. And to find out what ResScan will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Started using AirSense 10 AutoSet #2
Might I suggest you set up a second ResScan profile for your second machine. That will allow you to archive the older machine’s data and achieve faster processing speeds when loading display data and doing reports.

Have you thought about updating your ResScan software to the latest version?

The only time I have seen a missing SD card is when the DME DELIBERATELY removed it and took its storage envelope out of the provided package.

Be careful… the DME may want to see your data after 30 days … so verify you can see it in MyAir or have the DME check their AirView system. Copy the SD card at 30 days to a folder on your computer if you need to prove compliance.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
srlevine1: Might I suggest you set up a second ResScan profile for your second machine.

I will look into that. It's been years since I installed ResScan, so I pretty much forgot what I did. I see there is a New Patient on the menu at the top. I will have to scan the Software Support Forum posts to see if anyone else encountered this.

srlevine1: Have you thought about updating your ResScan software to the latest version?

It is recommended to use 5.9 as it says "There seem to be no major changes between these versions, so to avoid potential problems simply download and use ResScan version 5.9."  Plus I don't want to deal with the new complicated login process.

I download the data but don't do much else. If I need to change settings I use the hidden Clinician Menu. Primarily time change twice a year or pressure temporarily if I have a head cold.

srlevine1: The only time I have seen a missing SD card is when the DME DELIBERATELY removed it and took its storage envelope out of the provided package.

As I mentioned, it seems not providing an SD card anymore is a somewhat recent development. And rely solely on the cell modem data. But I have the 32GB SanDisk in it now.

Plus I need to contact the DME about getting a copy of the rent to own agreement that I signed. So I can correlate with the EOBs (Explanation of Benefits).  I will ask then if they are getting data. As I do have to prove compliance. Could be interesting, when I got the first machine, I took it to the sleep center for a review, checkup, or something. When there she had lots of graphs on the computer monitor, certainly looked like ResScan data now that I have been using it. But what do I know...
Post Reply Post Reply
Tachmn … when I asked my DME for a copy of the rent-to-own agreement they told me the transaction was between them and Medicare and that since I am not a party to the agreement, my request was denied. I had a hell of a time getting a bill of sale or ownership document after 13 months. Good luck.

The login for the later version of ResScan is the same as your Windows login.

My sister’s machine arrived with a modem and ResMed-branded SD CARD in a ResMed protective folder. The DME sent a replacement 16GB SanDisk SD with a request to return the one in the machine via a prepaid folder for compliance. The schedule on the return envelope was for 30-60-90 day returns. I scanned the provided SD card and found they reused the card and only erased the data. I formatted the disk and copied the files onto the disk for her to return. 

Best,

Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, so I am not a party to a transaction whose agreement I signed. If I knew that I would have transcribed as much as I could, especially the monthly payments part. I will see how far I get.

Everything I have read here is versions of ResScan after 5.9 don't add anything. 5.5 has been working fine when I have fired it up. I am of the thinking if it ain't broke...

The first machine came with a card and the protective folder. I don't remember anymore if the card was already installed.

When I contact the DME I will mention the cell signal strength and if they are getting data for compliance. And then see if they mention an SD card.

(When I initially went to the sleep center with the first machine, they had a weekday carved out solely for those on Medicare (I was not on it at the time). So I wonder if that is where I will go for the compliance check.)
Post Reply Post Reply
What you may have signed is a financial responsibility agreement that holds you responsible for costs not covered by insurance.

While you are talking to the DME, ask if you can mail them the SD card and if they will provide you with a replacement.

My compliance requirements are: 22 days out of 30 or 70% usage over 4 hrs/day in the first 30 days and a face-to-face visit with my sleep doctor within 90 days which I will do over the computer using the telehealth option. Telehealth is great, especially if you are in the COVID high risk category, have mobility issues, or are at a distance from the doctor’s office.

You are probably right about the ResScan version as it still has the remnants of the old Borland programming platform.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the delay...

I have 90 days to comply. On or before 8/25. Between 31-90 days from my CPAP setup.

So I better get cracking on setting up a compliance appointment.

Since the cell modem signal is only one bar, I asked the DME if they are are receiving data.

The Respiratory Therapist there confirmed they are getting ResMed AirView (Brightree) data.

And later I received an email with the subject Congratulations on your therapy success!

No mention of an SD card.

I did receive a scanned PDF of the Delivery Ticket, Member's Benefits Summary / Estimate, Medicare Coverage Requirements for CPAP Therapy

According to that Medicare coverage is 80% for the first three months. I would think my MediGap coverage will cover the rest, considering it's $300 a month. I haven't had any out of pocket for the supplies.

Now the bad news. ResScan does not like the SanDisk 32GB SD card. Nor the Crucial 2GB SD card.

I noticed the hidden system journal.dat is corrupted. 0x80070570

But the journal.dat on the 2GB card isn't corrupted.

So it isn't that. Nor the SD size. The CPAP is writing data to the SD card. DATALOG has files for the days of use.

I am using ResScan 5.5.0.9285. Might upgrading to 5.9 support the SD cards???

Or I need to start hunting for a much lower capacity official ResMed SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another delayed update...

The DME generated a ResMed AirView Compliance Report (I asked for a copy).

There was a Usage section first.

Usage days N/N days (nnn%). I was 30/30 100%.

>= 4 hours 

< 4 hours

Each in NN days (nn%)

Usage hours 

Average usage (total days)

Average usage (days used)

Median usage (days used)

(All were in hours and minutes)

Total used hours (value since last reset - MM/DD/YYY)

Then a section on some AirSense 10 AutoSet settings (Mode, Set pressure, EPR, EPR level)

Then a section on Therapy.

Leaks - L/Min ...  Median:, 95th percentile:, Maximum:

Events per hour ... AI:, HI:, AHI:

Apnea Index ... Central:, Obstructive:, Unknown:

RERA Index

All numbers were NN.N

Cheyne-Stokes respiration (average duration per night)

In minutes with percentage.

Last section was Usage - hours

A vertical bar chart of 30 days. Total number of hours per day in each vertical bar. Combined, no gaps in time for the day shown.

Any bar that was less 4 hours was a different color/shade.

------

Then Internal Medicine faxed what was needed to the DME.

Everything is hunky-dory. But due to tightening Medicare rules Internal Medicine will need to send a script (prescription) to the DME every year.

And perhaps fax another Compliance Report.

As for the missing SD card, there appears to be a reason for that.

The booklet I received from the DME states:

[DME] will provide a CPAP modem to collect compliance data. The use of this modem reduces the necessity for you to come into our office for compliance checks, and maximizes the success of your treatment with on-going monitoring. This also allows us to discover any issues and address them as necessary.

I also got a copy of the script from Internal Medicine which states this:

Prefer PAP device equipped with modem. Register to cloud. If providing a ResMed device for this [Internal Medicine] patient, please add [Internal Medicine] as an integrator in Airview along with patient's MRN and CSN.

So they don't have a need for one. (I will never know if the Sleep Center would have required an SD card.)

Thus I will need to investigate installing Oscar or taking the ResMed SD card out of the old machine, reformat (SD Card Formatter) it and use it. (I have extracted all of the data from it into ResScan.)

Or both.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 6 3,166 5 minutes ago
Last Post: ahfairley
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 92 04-18-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,476 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 118 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 203 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,008 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 209 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.