Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Tell me about VirtuOx VPOD Ultra
RE: Tell me about VirtuOx VPOD Ultra
I am currently running a over night test on a VirtuOx Pro..and found one on eBay.So far the Contec newest software Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1 Setup has seen the device and saved a report but there is no information in/on it.

Can you tell which verion you used to read your unit??

I have about 6 version of Contec's software...

Rich

ShaunBlake
(03-14-2018, 10:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: There's a video or two on YouTube.

It has a USB port but it seems locked to the proprietary software, VirtuOx Pro. But it sounds like it gets there automagically vs you taking it in?

I checked the PulseOxStore (#19 in the Supplier's List) and they don't carry it nor have software.

You're SOL in terms of getting the info yourself. But you can easily ask for it to be given to you.

Thanks, PaulaO2, I've seen the vids; just promotional material for VirtuOx.

Actually, this model is very similar to the CMS50F in data transmission (and in most other ways as well): the USB port receives the sensor's output and also sends data to a computer. Last night I connected it to my computer and used SpO2 Assistant to interrogate it. Surprisingly, SpO2 Ass seemed to be able to communicate with it; it reported, "No data".

I went to bed with both the VirtuOx and the CMS50F, recorded only my sleep time, and just uploaded the data from each. The VirtuOx was nearly half as fast, but the upload was successful. The VirtuOx file size was a bit over twice as big, corresponding to the slower upload. Looking at it's data, I can see no difference between the two devices. Nevertheless, I suspect that there is much that SpO2 Ass isn't presenting.

I'm going to try to find out more about the VirtuOx Pro you found.

Oh, thanks for the comment: be assured that I will "request" that the results be disclosed. (I know that my doctor will log them in my file, which I can view online; I will be expecting to receive an exhaustive report from the providers -- either DME or VirtuOx.)

(03-15-2018, 03:38 AM)crowtor Wrote: It looks actually quite nice. you shouldnt think much of it since its just an infrared device. I hope you have a recent red blood cell count on a paper and a blood gas analysis, both venous and arterial.

if not they are very important. youre o2 saturation can be 100% but if you have anemia your gonna have hypoxia regardless.

Id recommend doing a HIF1A lab test, its a 24h hypoxia marker. It's how i convinced my doc as a 25yo skinny guy that my feeling of being starved for air isnt in my head. => sleep apnea diagnosis

look into testing yourself with a capnograph too, thats hard to come by but worth a try.

Yes, crowtor, it's very similar to the CMS50s but much nicer in appearance -- though very similar in material quality. The display is a bit nicer as well, and is not as cluttered.

I have had some bloodwork both trips to the E.R., but none subsequent to those episodes. The only monitoring done has been with the oxi monitors.

I'm comfortable that my CO2 is within acceptable levels, yet I would really like to be able to check it on occasion. The cost, though, is prohibitive; as you say, hard to come by and very expensive for a complete unit. (hmm... I may request that it be checked whenever I have a periodic checkup.)
[/quote]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 822 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
  [Equipment] Building An Ultra-Light CPAP For Backpacking? Possible? fortywinks 10 1,536 03-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Last Post: hegel
  [Equipment] VirtuOx lmcdowel 8 1,944 12-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  They discontinued my Ultra Mirage II! doncaruana 7 2,574 08-10-2017, 07:22 PM
Last Post: speed3914
Rainbow Ultra high AHI with new machine fede 53 12,316 02-05-2015, 10:57 PM
Last Post: fede
  [Equipment] Ultra Mirage FFM Sleepster 5 2,490 12-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] REMstar Ultra Fine Filter and A Fib bw54 2 2,482 06-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.