Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] The Quietest Oxygen Concentrator? Help!
The Quietest Oxygen Concentrator? Help!
Hi Folks,

What is the quietest oxygen concentrator?

I'm trying to help my mom purchase (out of pocket) and oxygen concentrator to hook up to her Resmed 10 for Her. They're in very short supply right now in my area. We bought one yesterday from a local medical supply company: the Devilbiss 525 Oxygen Concentrator (5 liters). She tried it last night, but it was too loud for her to get any sort of quality sleep.

I contacted the medical supply company and they stated that the Devilbiss is the "quietest one one the market". I'm not sure if I should believe that, being that I've read a lot of good reviews of the Phillips Respironics Everflo Q, and am wondering if that one might be better.

Does anybody have experience with these two machines or concentrators in general? I'd love to know the reality of "quietness". If there's a marked difference between the two machines, I'll do my best to acquire the better one. If not, I guess she's just going to have to live with the Devilbiss.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The Quietest Oxygen Concentrator? Help!
I can't comment on how quiet any oxygen concentrator is, but in doing research for one that I think I still need, there were various decibel ratings. That means the noise level does vary per brand and model.

An interesting way to tackle the loudness of operation if a machine swap is difficult: it may be possible to get a 25' air hose with cannula end. There may be various hose configurations to suit your mom's requirements of cannula, mouthpiece, etc. This longer air hose should allow the concentrator to be outside the bedroom for example.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW a website called Oxygen Concentrator Store lists the DeVilbiss 525 DS as being 48 decibels.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any experience with Devilbliss, but I do own the everflo q and I find it to be rather quiet compared to other units I have tested. It's quieter than the everflo non q and indeed is one of the highlighted upgrades.
Post Reply Post Reply
A little late to the party, but the Dedakj oxygen concentrator I just got is rated at 45 db. In layman's terms, louder than my DreamStation but quieter than my air conditioner. Shhh

[Image: H6a5cb06b48bb41789d9d6605125b8a72C.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Up to 7L out. Big output there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine set up in another bedroom and as Dave said run a line into my bedroom. My line is long enough to go through my entire home (I’m on 24/7). Only problem is is does curl up and can be a tripping hazard but that should not be a problem if it only goes to your Cpap.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
kerober aeroplus5  is the best from germany
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems like Dedakj is a German-Chinese joint venture, according to the information on their AliExpress site:

Quote:Our Advantages
1. Our company has more than 12 years experience in R&D,production of oxygen concentrator.
2. We are Sino-German joint venture corporation with 3 production bases in Shenzhen,Dongguan and Huaihua.
3. The production bases total area is about 50,000 square meters,30 production lines and more than 100 R&D staff.
4. We passed medical device production license,medical device registration license,ISO 13485,RoHS and PSE certifications.
5. Our main products are oxygen concentrator,medical nebulizer,blood pressure monitor,thermometer,fingertip pulse oximeter,eye massager,neck massager,foot massager,electric toothbrush, oral irrigator etc.
6. The user manual is in English,Russian,German and Japanese (book manual is not available at this moment,you can require the PDF document if you wish).
7. Our warranty period is one year (free repair) and lifetime (charge repair).

Specifications
Oxygen Flow: 1L-7L Adjustable
Oxygen Concentration: 30%-93% (±3%)
Oxygen Generation Method: Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA)
Anion Output: 8 Million/cm³
Atmospheric Pressure: 86kpa-106kpa
Rated Power: 120VA
Rated Voltage: AC110V (US Plug)/AC220V (EU,UK Plug)
Display Control: HD LED Touch Screen
Operating Noise: ≤45dB(A)
Machine Size: 34 x 18 x 31CM
Net Weight: 6KG/13LB

https://cloud.video.taobao.com/play/u/22...918680.mp4
Post Reply Post Reply
We have the DeVilbiss and it has performed well. Quieter than its predecessor Invacare units. I would suggest two things: #1 - give it a few nights and it may become "white noise" to your mom. #2 - Put it outside the bedroom.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 916 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 417 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.