Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Theory on ResMed hour meter that causes issues.
Theory on ResMed hour meter that causes issues.
Ok let's see if this makes sense to you, my wonderful Apnea Board captive audience.

Some of you are aware I received a second ResMed ASV machine when I discovered my user hours didn't match my machine's total hours. Note that I know for absolute certainty that when I received this second machine the "Run Hours" were zero.

1) Am I correct that Run Hours equals total machine usage?

2) Also, am I correct that Used Hours in the Sleep Report equals my hours used?

3) Assuming both answers above to be Yes, and assuming both machine and user hours starts at zero at the same time, how can they be different now?

Here's my theory of this situation. I'm making several assumptions, including that I know what I'm talking about. OK, my theory in the mismatched numbers is this: either the warm-up of the humidifier OR the Cool Down function OR EVEN both are adding to the Run Hours number.

I ask for feedback and others that have a ResMed to compare notes please. Let me hear from especially those that user the warm-up function (assuming that Cool Down is automatic and user has no control).

Thank y'all,

Dave B.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Theory on ResMed hour meter that causes issues.
Your machine runs in cool-down mode for 15-20 minutes after you shut down. This extra time shows up in the run hours, and eventually can make those much greater than the user hours. You can avoid the cool down hours by unplugging the machine or turning off the surge protector, assuming you use one. It's no big deal, you know you got a new machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy that and thanks Dr. Sleeprider.

This helps me verify that I'm not completely insane then. May be that I'm close though...

And yes check off that I do use a surge protector for the ASV machine. So I stand corrected on one area then. User can control the Cool Down function by disrupting power.

Dave B.
Coffee

PS that info was truly very helpful.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine did not start at zero.
It was a new machine, but I suspect there is some run time logged at the factory.

Yes, there is cool-down time after shutoff, and some people use warm-up in cold, dry climates to pre-heat the humidifier reservoir... not sure if that impacts run time or not.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Thanks for comment Rich. As Sleeprider mentioned, it's the Cool Down that adds on to the Run Hours. At least I'm able to check this item off my insanity causation list. Other items? Not yet...

Dave B

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I would ask Resmed support.
However, I suspect the above answers would be right, if the machine is turned on it would be recording RUN/USED hours.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 51 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.