Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Travel BiPAP?
Travel BiPAP?
Hi all,

I am very new to all this and still struggle using my DreamStation BiPAP.  However, this post is more about logistics.  I travel a lot for work and the DreamStation is a bit big to lug around.  Is there a travel BiPAP?  The DreamStation Go seems to just do CPAP.

Also any recommendations on a slim case that can hold the DreamStation with humidifier.  The cool expensive case is only without the humidifier.  I travel to Colorado often and the humidifier is very useful.  The case it came with is just too tall to fit in my International Size Carryon Rollerboard.

Thanks!
dsd
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel BiPAP?
I think there is a version of the Dreamstation Go case that will work with the humidifier or battery (not both).

Now that I’m using a Resmed Vauto (BiLevel), I just use it for traveling too.

I think the closest you can get to BiLevel in a travel machine would be the Resmed AirMini. Resmed machines basically work like a BiLevel anyway, except pressure support is limited to 3 max and called EPR instead. This is quite different from Flex on a Dreamstation, which is just a brief dip as you exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I think the Resmed Aircurve 10 series works better and is a bit more compact than Dreamstation and comes with a great travel case. Your profile only shows a CPAP pressure of 15, so we have no clue what your needs are, but as far as I know there is no travel BiPAP that provides actual pressure support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also note you can carry your Bipap as an extra bag with no penalty as it’s medical equipment I slip mine over the handle of my roller case it’s not too much hassle in the airport
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I’m very new to using the machine and have my one month follow up Monday. My pressures are 15/11 on the BiPAP. As I travel extensively in Colorado, a humidifier is a nice option. I’d like to keep to one carry on for expediency (I’m at an airport twice a week) that’s why I want one that goes in my roller.

At this point I think I need to stick to one machine as insurance is monitoring it (I may later buy a dedicated travel device) and it’s still a new experience.

I’ll start looking more at the case options and ask the clinic on Monday.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a Dreamstation Travel Case, but beware, at $135 it does not fit the humidifier or standard power supply for your machine and power. Don't buy!

Once again, Resmed actually includes a worthy travel case that fits on your luggage and has room for the complete machine, humidifier, mask, tubing and adapter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed AirMini can get close to you prescription (essentially working like a BiLevel limited to PS 3) and uses a Heat & Moisture Exchange device in liu of a humidifier. In other words, you would be limited to 15/12 or 14/11 (or maybe something like 14.4/11.4). That is not intended as a recommendation; I’m just saying that is the closest you can get.

The Vauto (BiLevel) comes in a very nice travel case, as already stated. You can save a surprising amount of weight by just stripping out any manuals or anything else unnecessary. Unheated hoses are lighter. The Resmed P30i mask is very squishable and easy to pack.

Another option would be using leaving your humidifier at home and using the Z1/Breas HME with something like an F20 mask (doesn’t work well with all masks). It’s not ideal, and you will miss the real humidifier, but it is a way to pack light.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,672 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,286 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 457 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.