Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get?
RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get?
(06-03-2021, 11:08 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Quick suggestion, make a sleep therapy diary on PAP therapy, settings, complaints, issues, symptoms. If ASV becomes needed ask for titration with ASV involved.

Do you mean request a new sleep study for titration with ASV involved?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, insurance likes to see success. ASV titration will prove it works, we KNOW it will.

But first we will see PS= 0
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Exactly as Gideon states.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I woke up without the mask, don't remember taking it off, and apparently only wore it for a couple of hours, so I'm not sure how useful today's info will be...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Any data is useful to some degree. In this case it requires a question or 2. Were you uncomfortable in any way or at any time? Was comfort or its lack the reason for mask removal? The data by itself indicates therapy is OK.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2021, 11:58 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Any data is useful to some degree. In this case it requires a question or 2. Were you uncomfortable in any way or at any time? Was comfort or its lack the reason for mask removal? The data by itself indicates therapy is OK.

I don't remember taking the mask off. It felt fine. I didn't have any trouble breathing. I noticed I took the velcro strap out of the loop attached to the magnet instead of simply detaching the magnet. I've never consciously done that before, so that indicates I may have done this in my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I copy. Well, pick yourself up, dust off, and give it a go tonight. Things happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do. I'll definitely be back tomorrow with more info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's today's data...

Post Reply Post Reply
My take is some of the CA can possibly be dismissed as SWJ AKA sleep wake junk. I'm referring to the CA cluster from 0840-ish onward. You're possibly bouncing between wake and sleep at the tail end of the sleep session. Maybe you can clarify if this sounds like you were waking up some there.

I'd suggest a setting edit, bump EPAP from default 4 to 6 or 7. This may address your mysterious mask removal prior. You just might have been a bit air starved. And it may help with Hypopnea and unclassified events.

Also note that you're getting some high leak rates at times. Some look like mask leaks, while there's some that appear to be mouth leak pattern in the leak graph, but I dunno how with a listed full face F20 mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 931 4 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 60 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 617 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 195 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 79 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.