Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Used home test: Apnealink or ?
Used home test: Apnealink or ?
I'm interested in getting a home test unit; at first was going to rent, but I see that I can buy one on ebay for the price of two rentals.

A few questions:

1. Any recommendations on home test units? I see lots of Apneanlinks on ebay, any others to consider?
  2. From searches on the forum, looks like it shouldn't be too hard to read the data from the Apnealink?
  3. Any thoughts on cleaning a used unit? I assume with a good cleaning and some new parts (nasal cannula) it should be safe to use?
Background: I've had overnight studies, definitely have mild to moderate OSA. CPAP works but now have an oral appliance, and want to use the home test to check best setting for appliance, and to see how effective it is. I'd prefer an overnight study, but my insurance won't cover it for MAD/oral appliance, and also like the idea of testing multiple nights to get more data (and then hopefully a real overnight study once I get a rough idea of what's going on with the MAD). 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Used home test: Apnealink or ?
did you end up getting a home sleep test unit?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2021, 08:56 AM)selfcoacher Wrote: did you end up getting a home sleep test unit?

Yes, I did buy an Apnealink from ebay (well before the pandemic), and bought a few new sealed cannula (nasal) tubes to use with it. I couldn't get the software to work (kept getting an error on import), so I gave up on it until just a couple weeks ago: I tried it again and no longer getting import errors. I'm able to generate reports and it's been very helpful, although I'm sure not as accurate as an overnight stay. 

Just a warning that you can't get any support for use of this as a non-medical professional in case that's not obvious.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are trying to get information to help you dial your pap machine in better so that you are getting the best sleep you can, you are in the right place.  If you download OSCAR (there are instructions on how to do that all over this site) and post a night's results, the experts here will be able to give you excellent advice on many things that can help you.  Good luck!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 79 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,909 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 209 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 878 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,323 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.