Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] VAuto Not Working
VAuto Not Working
Hi, sorry I couldn't find anything on this and my thinking is bad because of the breathing issues.

I rely on BiPAP intermittent throughout the day in addition to night due to neuromuscular weakness. day to day IPAP is 8.6, EPEP 4, PS 4.6. Today I tried to use it at that setting but it just pushes air out really hard, harder than it should, and doesn't adjust lower. It's preventing me from breathing so I can't wear it.

Maskfit just hurts me and no matter what adjustments I make it stays red. I can't keep trying because it's making me unable to breathe.

I need it to go back to normal and I don't know how. My doctor is not available or helpful. Please if anyone has any advice I need it. I need to be able to breathe.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VAuto Not Working
What are the settings on your machine? Do you know how to get into the clinical menu? Hint: Press the big round button on the front and the home button on the bottom for a few seconds. The display should change and show “Exit clinical menu” at the top. From there go into “Settings” screen and write things down or take a few pictures.

Without seeing some data it is difficult to determine what is going on. You can for now look at the “Sleep Report” screen and let us know what the pressures, VT, Leaks, and RR show. Let us know and someone will help tweak things. We know you are on a fixed pressure, but we need to see what the machine thinks is going on as well.

From there start with the basics. Make sure there is an SD card in your machine so you can post OSCAR charts for review. Read the links in my signature for “Download OSCAR” and “Formatting OSCAR Charts”. Once you have OSCAR installed follow the instructions and post some charts. People here can help with the technical stuff on your computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wouldn't neuromuscular weakness that's hindering breathing be a suitable cause for a ventilator instead of CPAP or BPAP?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what you said it looks like you mask is leaking so bad the machine is going much higher because it does not feel 8.6 has been reached. To see if that may be it turn the machine off. Then with your hand hold the mask to your face and turn the machine on again ( no straps just your hand ). Move the mask to get a seal and tha pressure should be at 8.6. 

I THINK it is totally a mask issue.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2024, 06:23 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: What are the settings on your machine? Do you know how to get into the clinical menu? Hint: Press the big round button on the front and the home button on the bottom for a few seconds. The display should change and show “Exit clinical menu” at the top. From there go into “Settings” screen and write things down or take a few pictures.

Without seeing some data it is difficult to determine what is going on. You can for now look at the “Sleep Report” screen and let us know what the pressures, VT, Leaks, and RR show. Let us know and someone will help tweak things. We know you are on a fixed pressure, but we need to see what the machine thinks is going on as well.

From there start with the basics. Make sure there is an SD card in your machine so you can post OSCAR charts for review. Read the links in my signature for “Download OSCAR” and “Formatting OSCAR Charts”. Once you have OSCAR installed follow the instructions and post some charts. People here can help with the technical stuff on your computer.

Thanks, I wasn't able to pull all of that up tonight due to dizziness and pain from the extra forced air. I'm still too worn out to go through all those steps, but I do know how to.

(05-23-2024, 08:03 PM)staceyburke Wrote: From what you said it looks like you mask is leaking so bad the machine is going much higher because it does not feel 8.6 has been reached. To see if that may be it turn the machine off. Then with your hand hold the mask to your face and turn the machine on again ( no straps just your hand ). Move the mask to get a seal and tha pressure should be at 8.6. 

I THINK it is totally a mask issue.

Thank you, I think your hypothesis that it was overcompensating for a leak was correct. I had to unplug everything and replug, but it didn't start working right until I also removed, opened, closed, and replaced the humidifier. I think it was just loose or wonky enough that it was leaking air but still enough in alignment that it didn't set off a warning. I wouldn't have thought to check for hidden leaks without your response.

(05-23-2024, 06:27 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Wouldn't neuromuscular weakness that's hindering breathing be a suitable cause for a ventilator instead of CPAP or BPAP?

My neuromuscular weakness is progressive, and my doctors will not order a ventilator until I can no longer tolerate the BiPAP. The goal is to hold off deconditioning as long as possible. A portable ventilator would definitely be easier for me, but this is all the I can get at the moment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto - What Settings To Use? stevesleep 27 852 07-23-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: stevesleep
  Aircurve 11 VAUTO vs. Aircurve 10 VAUTO MrIvanDrago 8 408 07-21-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Help needed with Aircurve 10 Vauto settings SDM1 8 411 07-16-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP therapy not working anymore! DZee 13 561 07-01-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Determining true CSRs on AirCurve VAuto JoyD. 3 245 07-01-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Resmed Aircurve 10 S mode to Vauto ischua 5 456 06-23-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Aircurve 10 VAuto and Large Leak Problems GeorgeGus 4 369 06-07-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: GeorgeGus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.