Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] What do I need to do to start using it again???
What do I need to do to start using it again???
Hello all,
I got a CPAP machine well over five years ago. It was, I think, a full mask (covers nose and mouth) When I first starting using it, I had no problems using it. That all changed over the years. I have not been using it for the past year or so.
My question and concern is what do I need to do if I want to start using it again? (besides chisel off the dust, lol)  Smile
Do I need to clean it? If so how? Chemicals? Should I be worried about mold or mildew, even though I don't see anything? There was no water in my reservoir
Do i need to adjust my pressure (from what I have read here, it seems like a good idea)? Anything I missed? Any advice on how to get readjusted to it?
I think I will sleep better with it. But I want to make sure I will be safe first, and no long term effects from it.
Any advice would be helpful, thank you.
Take Care
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do I need to do to start using it again???
I would start off with a new air filter for the machine, new mask liner, hose and headgear.
download Sleepyhead

leave the settings on the machine alone for now. tweek as you get the data downloaded into sleepyhead and review it.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no internal cleaning needed. You probably need new mask, tube and filters.

You may be better off finding a more recent machine that reports data. If you can provide the correct manufacturer name and model we can tell you where you stand. Really makes a huge difference to know what is going on rather than guessing. It's safe to say that your old pressure is probably wrong, especially if your profile pressure of 4.5 is correct.

It's your health, and Canada helps you with this stuff. Maybe start fresh?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, it depends on which province in Canada.  Some help some with equipment, some none at all (unless you meet low income thresholds).  Diagnosis is free, treatment is not.  Go figure!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi needmoresleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Better luck to you this time around with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2017, 03:23 PM)chill Wrote: Sleeprider, it depends on which province in Canada.  Some help some with equipment, some none at all (unless you meet low income thresholds).  Diagnosis is free, treatment is not.  Go figure!

Well, if I hadn't noticed he was from Canada I would have just sent him to Craigslist or Amazon for a cheap, full-featured Auto.  There are very different approaches across the provinces and Ontario is not Auto CPAP friendly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,418 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,239 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 532 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 560 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 482 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How should I start sleep2023 8 923 07-03-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Sorry to start new thread but need nap Morgannon 148 6,875 06-04-2023, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.