Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] What if reservoir runs dry?
RE: What if reservoir runs dry?
I just checked with Resmed technical support today about my H5i humidifier. I asked them what would happen if it ran dry. They said that the heating element would shut off after getting above a temperature of 105 degrees F, or about 40 degrees C. Although I would expect every humidifier to have some sort of thermal protection, your humidifier may be different. I would check with Fisher and Paykel about your particular model.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What if reservoir runs dry?
(05-22-2012, 07:50 AM)Bompa Wrote: I accidently let mine go dry once! After waking up to that terrible smell I check it regularly every night , and usually top it up every third night.
I never want to smell that smell again!!!!!! Oh-jeez

I know the one! Reminiscent of rotting meat, only worse. Every now and then mine will run dry and the smell will bring me awake gagging from a dead sleep. My wife, on the other hand, has let hers run dry for days at a time and denies that there is any smell at all, go figure. FWIW we both run Resmed S9 Elites with Swift FX masks and standard "dumb" hoses.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 455 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Airsense 10 humidifer reservoir runs dry after 4 hours jwtm 18 1,202 12-24-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 403 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone? S.L. Ping Beauty 5 1,282 01-21-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  fl runs+ breathings problems Gorge 0 524 05-25-2022, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Gorge
  Larger reservoir for Air Sense 10 Autoset RonKMiller 32 22,531 03-27-2022, 01:04 PM
Last Post: kalvinjuice

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.