Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Where Do You Get Your CPAP Supplies From?
RE: Where Do You Get Your CPAP Supplies From?
I just found out yesterday that Lincare has a local office near me as well. Unfortunate I've begun the acquisition process with Apria. From June 30th sleep study to today's doctor unacceptably worded reports, I'm still with no machine. Apria has had a part to play in this. If they don't straighten out by Monday, I'm giving Lincare a call.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, if you are with Medicare, it STILL may not be a smooth transition. Just make sure that you have copies of your original sleep study, the summary and a copy of your doctor's prescription. Apria has to RELEASE your account, but if you've not received anything, it may actually be easier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got those copies. Negative on Medicare. Have Medicaid supplementing United Healthcare community plan due to no income from disability. Apria has had from July 19 to supply with excuses for inaction daily. I'm checking Lincare tomorrow; they may be closed for weekend but a call can't hurt. BTW about to fire the pulmonary doc too.

Happy weekend y'all. I do try to have a positive thing each post, so there it is.
Bigwink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my experience Lincare is the last place to go.

Try checking with your Medicare plan or insurance for in network local Pharmacy that handles durable medical equipment.

Where I get my supplies is a local pharmacy my insurance told me about.
They accept Medicare payment as full payment for supplies and machines. No out of pocket payment required of me.

Likely there is some pharmacy like that in your area as well. They just don't advertise they do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The short answer is that I currently/recently use/d Supplier #1, Supplier #2, and Amazon.

I used to visit a local DME called MedEquip who, for years, had everything I needed in stock or would order it for me on the off chance they didn't have it. They would send me home with loaner masks to try, had a good tech, and never questioned a return or request.  They have since cut quality, inventory, and service in a failed attempt to compete with online suppliers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 149 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,575 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 523 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.