Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Which Pulse Oximeter is best for OSCAR (and why)
Which Pulse Oximeter is best for OSCAR (and why)
Hi-

I am interested in buying a Pulse Oximeter to use occasionally with OSCAR. 

The OSCAR Oximeter Import Wizard lists a few that are comparable but I did not see advice/discussion on which one would be the best to buy (assuming the Resmed Air 10 Oximetry Module is out of my price-range).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chitlom
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which Pulse Oximeter is best for OSCAR (and why)
I’m interested in the same question...  Is there a low cost model that stays on at night and is comfortable?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2019, 04:13 AM)Chitlom Wrote: (assuming the Resmed Air 10 Oximetry Module is out of my price-range).

I wish there was enough interest that a company would make a cheaper version of the wired ResMed oxymeter rig. Kaiser loaned me one of theirs for home titration once and it was so simple to use, and the wire was less hassle than the giant wrist module of the Contecs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up a CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor with touch screen so I could keep a close eye on my o2 sats.  I got a hand held so I could monitor during the day as well and record what was hapening.  It has memory and alarms for high and low o2 sat and heart rate. The interface is a bit odd but once I figured it out it works fine. Basically you have to enter a profile for each use or just enter the defaults and the system uses a unique sequential file code so you can locate and upload it to OSCAR. Once you hit OK it is recording, at the end of the session hit save, your done. The included software mini disk provides a viewer program that works well, yet simple. My only complaint was the SD Card mini Adapter supplied was not exactly reliable, it would not save, the memory chip was loose in the adapter. I will be getting a new 2GB regular SD Card as a replacement. This Device is file format sensitive it requires a FAT format which is only good up to 2GB.

[attachment=12509]
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a Product Review for the CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor it is the one I am using, and it is most likely about  a quarter of the price, works good too.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...se-Monitor
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the alligator clip hurt if worn overnight? What is the price range of the Contec?
Thanks

Ittiandro
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a newer comparison/review: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Comparison
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, the reliability and comfort of the sensor are a huge part of why I prefer Viatom's ring sensor over the Contec alligator clip. The Contec one slips off my finger very easily, just from my hand sliding off my stomach while I sleep. Even when it's taped into place the slight movement of my finger inside the clip will sometimes be enough to end up with a "finger out" situation and loss of data. It also gets very sweaty under the clip, I find, and it's pretty heavy which makes it easier to dislodge and awkward to use that hand. The Viatom/Wellvue products are a lot lighter, the ring sensor is more comfortable, IMO, it has never slipped off or stopped recording because it's soft and snug, without being overly tight. I've never had to tape it into place. That said, the Viatom/Wellvue products are often a lot more expensive, but for me, it's worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,222 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.