Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Which ResMed to choose?
Which ResMed to choose?
I finally received a replacement Dreamstation 1 AutoBiPap after the recall.  I spent two years on a backup CPAP at 8, and managed to survive.  I was about to explore improved results on OSCAR with the auto bipap mode on the new DS1, but after reading many posts here I understand that the ResMed machines are generally preferred over the DS1.  Rather than spending time exploring the DS1, I think I would rather spend the time and effort fine-tuning a ResMed, so I've decided to buy one out of pocket. 

The question is - which ResMed model would be generally equivalent to the DS1 AutoBiPap?

Also, I would greatly prefer NOT to have a machine that is tattling on me via cellphone back to some unnamed server.  Am I correct that the "card-to-cloud" ResMed machines place all data on an SD card, with no cellular reporting, and I'll be able to use OSCAR?

Thanks to everyone for all the great information - I've learned a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which ResMed to choose?
The Aircurve 10 VAuto would be equivalent to your DS1 Bipap.

If you buy one that states CTC (card-to-cloud), then it has no modem and won't be tattling on you.  Smile  It probably won't come with an SD card, but you can purchase one anywhere.  And yes, you will be able to use OSCAR.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which ResMed to choose?
Thanks, Rose.  Looks like it will be a while before the budget allows the new machine, so in the meantime I guess I'll continue to work with the DS1.  So far, I can get some good AHI numbers on OSCAR, but to me the charts don't look so good.  I feel OK, just would like to feel the best possible.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did I choose the wrong machine? AaronB123 0 518 01-07-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: AaronB123
Question How to choose new DME MagnoliaSolana 4 851 12-02-2021, 05:38 PM
Last Post: MagnoliaSolana
  Would You Choose a New ResMed 11 Series as a Replacement? - Poll RayBee 11 4,106 05-31-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  If You Choose To Use Bottled Water In Your Humidifier khw210 12 2,452 02-14-2021, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] I need to choose my CPAP! help!! Rocktaze 10 1,461 01-06-2020, 09:23 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Equipment] Which ASV machine to choose dilemna dangood_47 12 3,369 10-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  need to choose an APAP ASAP. PR One 60 vs Airsense 10? OperaSinger 18 9,688 08-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.