Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Will these parts will fit together?
Will these parts will fit together?
Hey y'all, I'm going to visit some friends out of state soon and they have an unused Fisher&Paykel Icon+ Auto CPAP currently connected to a ResMed headgear/mask. I would really like to take advantage of using their machine but obviously with my own headgear and mask, so I don't need to lug my machine all the way and risk having it damaged in transit.

I have attached some photos and I was really hoping that someone that has used the same gear can identify if my headgear will attach to the business end of their hose. I can't use my hose because it's for a DreamStation and the plug (machine) end is diiferent to the F&P connector, so it will just have to be the headgear and mask.

Images 1-5 are the ResMed and F&P hoses and attachments. Apparently the grey hose is the F&P one that connects to the machine, and the white or clear one connects to the grey one on one end, and to the ResMed headgear on the other.

Images 6-7 are the hose connection point on the Philips Dreamwear headgear. That white sleeve comes off and I usually have it permanently inserted into the DS heated hose as it's easier to detach the headgear that way rather than pulling it off with the sleeve still attached.

I noticed the ResMed has a sort of elbow-joint section that has exhaust holes (or vents or whatever they're actually called), but it's not too clear from the images if that section can be removed from the hose behind it. I would need my headgear to go into the straight part of the hose, not into the elbow part because my elbow port already the vent holes and I imagine doubling up would be a bad thing.

I hope all this makes sense, I'm not great at describing things. Please let me know if you need any clarification. Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Will these parts will fit together?
I had to make another post because it would only let me attach five pictures. Here are the Dreamwear pics.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Serpent Energy - Welcome

Aside from special the masks designed for the "travel-PAPs", all masks have a common size hose connector.  Usually Full Face Masks use a quick disconnect bushing that fits in the hose end.   Many people don't realize this and forget to remove the bushing from the hose. Also, the short translucent hose in your photos is part of the mask.  

You could always take your hose as well as your mask.  .  .just in case.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2019, 12:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi Serpent Energy - Welcome

Aside from special the masks designed for the "travel-PAPs", all masks have a common size hose connector.  Usually Full Face Masks use a quick disconnect bushing that fits in the hose end.   Many people don't realize this and forget to remove the bushing from the hose.  You could take your hose as well as your mask.  .  .just in case.

Thanks for the reply and welcome. I did hear that all the connector parts should be the same so people can mix and match different brands but looking at the pics it doesn't look (to me) like it would fit. That's why I want to be sure.

Can anyone with the same attachment tell me if that elbow disconnects from the hose? I can't take my hose because it's a 1 piece hose - one end goes into the Dreamstation and the other onto my headgear. I was sent a photo of the end of the grey F&P hose and it definitely looks different to mine so I guess that the machine end of some heated hoses have different connectors for different machines but as you said, the mask ends are a common size.

As for the bushing, yes I keep mine in the hose all the time as I mentioned, because of that quick disconnect thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aside from heated hoses, all other hoses are generic and common in size.  The hose opening (22mm I believe) will connect to any CPAP. The hose can disconnect from your Dreamstation, as it can from the elbow.  The elbow is part of the mask.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is not a direct answer to the OP question, but why not just take your own machine? I have traveled so many times with my Airsense 10 Autoset and it really makes things easy. Same machine I’m used to, same settings, no problems. At most, it adds one extra bag when traveling.

When I travel I carry the machine with me, so it never leaves my possession. Hence, no concerns about it being damaged in transit.
Post Reply Post Reply
About the only mistake you can make is to leave part of the mask attached to your hose at home.   Some masks have a "short hose" and some have a fitting that goes between the standard CPAP hose and the mask.   Leaving any of those parts will give you problems.

That's one of the most common CPAP mask/hose problems.

Unplug your hose at the machine and take the hose and mask  That will almost always work.

The trick will be getting the F&P machine set to the therapy settings you need.   It's not just a question of "auto is auto."  Different machines work a bit differently, and even an auto machine has adjustments that can make your therapy fail if it's not set right for you.   For instance, you may need a pressure of 16, and their machine might be set to a max pressure of 10.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,581 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  ResMed P10 parts: What else do I need to make the P10 useable? UncollapseMeThroat 4 572 01-22-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: UncollapseMeThroat
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Parts monksy 3 938 01-11-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: monksy
  DME solicitations for mask parts mel062369 5 671 11-18-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Angry [Equipment] Resmed Replacement Parts Price hikes? crydee 5 798 10-13-2022, 08:36 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  ResMed AirSense 10 parts diagram bbeardmore 12 27,266 09-20-2022, 07:37 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Need CPT codes for CPAP repair parts & labor rjyoon 4 1,531 09-29-2021, 03:22 PM
Last Post: rjyoon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.