Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] can data on-machine w/o SD card be xfer'd SD
can data on-machine w/o SD card be xfer'd SD
sorry if this is a noob question.

I have an AirSense 10 machine that ran for me for almost 4 months w/o putting the data to the SD card (none was inserted).

Is there a method to offload the data to an SD card before I return this machine. I'd like some info/details that isn't part of myAir, and part of the dates in question it wasn't reg'd to myAir.

Mistakes were made with my getting this as a interim loaner device.

I'm more than happy to follow any help/guidance, but some off-forum queries didn't lead me anywhere. I'll do some more searching here, but I think I'm asking an oddball of a request.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: can data on-machine w/o SD card be xfer'd SD
Hi Jeff.D! - Welcome
Only compliance data, no detailed data. In order to acquire detailed data, the SD card must be in the CPAP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I recall correctly, on an Autoset you will have Summary data including your usage and event indices and percentile values for pressure. .
OSCAR will display those for you.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 12:40 PM)Jeff.D Wrote: Is there a method to offload the data to an SD card before I return this machine.

Insert a SD card into the slot and the data will be offloaded. You won't get all the detailed data, but you will get some good data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
followup Q:

per what I've read from searches here and the prior replies (THANKS! folks), some data might get written to a blank SD card if one inserts it after the original events occurred.

Does anyone know any particulars on this:
  How long might it be needed to get data written to the SD from sys mem? (there are about 4 months of non-xfer'd data prior to now)

Since I'm being told the detailed data won't be there, will it write in std format of FOLDERNAME=DATE or something else as summary only?

Does anything about having ResScan or such create a trigger to initiate a data write to SD card for _prior_data?
  Such as using the sys overnight on 2021.04.19 might load missing dates prior?
  Or ??

I don't see anything on the technician's menu to initiate any kind of xfer/write...

Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Would myAir data as some kind of download net me the same detailed info? What I want isn't part of the simple myAir graphs (I suspect my sys may not have been upping CFM after I fell asleep.)

Thank you all,
(I think I'm going have to dedicate a chunk of my near future time to getting the hang of what this board and it's resources can do, as I find my results to date to be less than successful w/o the kind of informed help that data/Oscar/etc will help me learn from.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 01:24 PM)Jeff.D Wrote: How long might it be needed to get data written to the SD from sys mem? (there are about 4 months of non-xfer'd data prior to now)

Just a few minutes. Your machines on-screen display will warn you not to turn off the machine or remove the SD card while the data is being transferred.

Quote:Since I'm being told the detailed data won't be there, will it write in std format of FOLDERNAME=DATE or something else as summary only?

After a week (IIRC) detailed data is automatically deleted. The data that's written to the card is in standard form. For example, if I use the machine for 8 consecutive nights and then put the SD card in my computer, I will see detailed data for the 7 most recent days. There will be data for the day prior to that, but a lot of the details will be missing.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the machines are required to store compliance data internally for one year. I'm not sure if the other statistical data is also saved that long.

Once you get an SD card written and download OSCAR, I would be interested in how much data you are able to look at.

Update on Sleepsters post - The detailed flow and pressure data is not saved unless the SD card is present. I'm not sure how much statistcal data is saved internally. Hence my interest.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleepster.

FYI: possibly based on FW (firmware) changes in AirSense 10 AutoSet things now work differently

Test by me:
1) Format on my Win10 PC a 4G SD card in FAT32 as was format to this same card when last data written previously by AirSense
2) move SD card to AirSense 10
3) See mssg in OSD about not removing, etc on AirSense
4) Wait 0-1 hr after format message completes

Result
SD card has std folders and files format for an AirSense

but only 1 subfolder for date based data is created, that of Today's DATE, and the folder is empty of data files (I did not use it last night, but did for all other 4 months prior)

SW/FW on the machine in question:

SX567-0306

Lesson learned: always check there's an SD card present if you want your data and start using a "new" machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Side note: based on 2 interactions with my Respiratory Therapist the data that they get from MyAir seems to be more detailed than what std user's can see (if my recall that the data came NOT from SD card if right)

Side question: Has anyone ever tried connecting to the (data?) port (service port?) for one of these to be able to access the on-board memory?

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
The interesting question is "How big is the STR.edf file?" If it is more than a couple of kB, you should have the statistical and settings data that I mentioned.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erasing data on machine sleepingbetterinFl 8 221 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 537 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,173 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.