Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] myair no longer working
RE: myair no longer working
CDMA is a dinosaur that is quickly lumbering off to the digital dustbin.  I am not making a hasty generalization here, but MOST U.S. carriers are setting sunset dates to terminate their 2/3G radio services in favor of LTE, and develop new infrastructure capabilities in the 5G realm.  As an example, Verizon announced in 2016 that it planned to retire CDMA and its commensurate network equipment in 2020.  That date has now been moved up to sometime this year--and they are presently refusing to activate any such equipment a consumer may bring into their network.  T-Mobile I believe has already made the jump.

I do not know if the current models of AirSense have upgraded to the LTE standard and band.  There are a number of engineering challenges for this, including processor types, antenna design, and a serious firmware change.  Even so, there are possible issues with LTE connecting if ResMed does not take steps to negotiate device 'acceptance' with carriers.  Veri$on for example, requires device of any sort manufacturers to submit technical specs and device prototypes for testing.  Each device must meet the full specs that smartphones use--and then and only then will the network recognize and allow the devices registration handshake for connection.  Similarly and perhaps a boding of their corporate attitude--they are closing the door on 'open' or unlocked phone & tablet devices that were not purchased through their supply sources.  It's all about the Benjamins...

The Myair online feature is great for a glance, and especially for the average CPAP/APAP user.  My thoughts go deeper--to the full data that is transmitted to a DME or pulmonologist's office for their access to the data and report generation.  Sure, I can clone the data from the SD card to a stick and carry it in for visits, but this is just one more level of nuisance and opportunity for delays and miscommunication--and perhaps an impossibility for technology alliterates to accomplish.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 573 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human
  Dreamstation 1 APAP Function Not Working? gary w 4 529 10-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: gary w

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.