Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] myair no longer working
RE: myair no longer working
(05-16-2019, 12:35 PM)sheepless Wrote: without the cell connection resmed and myair won't receive the data from the machine.

i know. That's the problem. Resmed has told me that i'm basically on my own. Now I need to pull the data from my sd card manually. We are taking steps backward in terms of technology, not forwards.
Post Reply Post Reply
it takes me less than 5 minutes to walk my sd card to my laptop and download data to both sleepyhead and oscar. that's about 4 minutes more than logging onto myair. for that investment I get about 100 times more useful info (obviously I'm making this number up but it makes the point). some of what you see on these reporting programs is easily understood. some is complicated and takes some time to learn to decipher. AB members can interpret for you while you learn of if you do not care to learn. in the absence of myair, you can get the same and much better info with the sd card and sleepyhead or oscar with little extra effort. in fact, some folks have a bluetooth setup so they never have to remove their sd card from their machine. that seems like more expense and effort than necessary to me but having a similar setup may be the next best thing to myair for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 12:48 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 12:28 PM)crzynoof Wrote: to use oscar, do you need to take the card out of the machine and put it in a reader to pull the data?

Yes you need an SD card in the machine, an SD card and a computer (Mac PC some Linux) with a SD Card reader, if you have a computer with no SD card reader a cheap external USB to SD reader will work fine

It's a pain in the ass to take the card out of the CPAP and put it in my laptop and pull the data. Myair was so much easier. Just login to the website and it's all there at a glance.

A Toshiba flashair sd Card and flashpap software can save the walk. But it is more hassle than looking on your phone. Setting essentials to on and enabling sleep report on your machine will sho the same data as my air on the lcd screen of your machine
Post Reply Post Reply
The cdma network is the mobile network that my CPAP uses to transmit the data to myair. It was operated by one of the local cellular carriers here, Bell Canada. They've shut that network down, effective April 30 so my CPAP has not transmitted any data to myair since that day. Not sure if that clarifies things or not. In other parts of the world, LTE/4G may be the network of choice for CPAP/Myair data, but not here in Toronto.
Post Reply Post Reply
I stopped using MyAir because it doesn't tell me much of anything. It's worth the couple of minutes to get comprehensive data from OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 02:55 PM)crzynoof Wrote: The cdma network is the mobile network that my CPAP uses to transmit the data to myair. It was operated by one of the local cellular carriers here, Bell Canada. They've shut that network down, effective April 30 so my CPAP has not transmitted any data to myair since that day. Not sure if that clarifies things or not. In other parts of the world, LTE/4G may be the network of choice for CPAP/Myair data, but not here in Toronto.

Thank-you, I was not aware of this system.  I can sympathize as these types of changes are rather draconian on the face of it.  My hope is that you find a reasonably convenient run-around that you can adapt to it easily, and that is reliable for you for at least the next couple of decades.  Best wishes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 12:58 PM)crzynoof Wrote: i know. That's the problem. Resmed has told me that i'm basically on my own. Now I need to pull the data from my sd card manually. We are taking steps backward in terms of technology, not forwards.

In that case you can use the sleep report on the machine itself. It won't give you bar charts, but it gives you about as much as MyAir. Plus MyAir is really just a compliance app. It doesn't even separate obstructive apneas from central apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're only checking AHI on MyAir, your fooling yourself, AHI especially reported by myAir omits any unclassified apnea and doesn't seperate obstructive from central.

Your alternative is get a new CPAP with gsm instead of cdma.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 11:54 AM)crzynoof Wrote: what is oscar?

is oscar a software like sleepyhead that pulls the data off my card? I'm not really interested in that. I liked being able to login and see my sleep results at a glance without needing to pull the sd card all the time.

You can get a Wi-Fi enabled SD Card if you find unplugging the card hard to do.

If that's too much work for you, then I guess you're out of luck.
--
Vivaldi
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
You can read your daily AHI score from the machine itself without pulling the card. Once I fell into my pattern I don't bother to look very often.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nore cpap is working, again ? Jst617 5 191 03-31-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 149 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 478 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 231 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 230 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 523 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 606 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.