Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] what are repercussions of capping max pressure?
RE: what are repercussions of capping max pressure?
I'm glad to see you have achieved good progress by incorporating EPR into your therapy. That avoids most of the flow limits  which result in the pressure spikes and leaking.  Looking at your most recent chart, you had three episodes of "positional apnea" where you tucked your chin or got into a position that contorted your airway and caused the mask to leak. This can often happen in a fetal position as well as on your back. These episodes are very easy to pick out and also coincide with your SpO2 desaturations. This article on Positional Apnea is from our Optimizing Therapy wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

[Image: attachment.php?aid=47180]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I can set the level in settings for the ring in vihealth app...so what level would you set it to?  What exactly do you mean by artifact?   Temporary glitch?
Post Reply Post Reply
@SleepRider
Thank you for the link on positioning.  I've ordered a Dr. Dakota soft cervical collar which should be here on the 25th. I seem to have some snoring around same time as the areas I think you targeted so perhaps I was on my back and not propped up enough by pillows....I seem to have many more events when laying "flat" which is hard to avoid since that's the way I was sleeping the majority of the time prior to treatment starting.
Post Reply Post Reply
An artifact is a stray data point. It can be caused by rapid hand movement or bumping the sensor.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be careful about "propping" yourself up. The pattern is caused by chin-tucking, often associated with too many pillows that prop up the head and cause a chin-tuck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Your O2 drop correlate with your mask leak and Flow Limits.  You need to work on mask fit.  Look at the first part of the night.  Your pressures were great, NOT high and then you got mask leaks that caused your problems.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
For the guys who use full face masks,  how much do you find that shaving or not affects your mask fit?  Last night didn't go as smoothly...o2 ring went off around 3 times....mask hissing a couple of other times.  

the wellue ring is confusing me...I wore ring all last night but only additional file was dated 01/20 so showed up on previous day.   Yesterday it didn't want to show up either so not sure if it's putting last night on previous day.   I excluded a small nap earlier in the day which was just me trying to sleep without using ear plugs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see the point of setting an alarm on the oximeter. You are disrupting your sleep unnecessarily. Getting the data should be enough.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
For the last 2 nights I've slept through the night...even woke up an hour early today and couldn't really get back to sleep because I felt rested but I'm wondering if I still have bad flow limits.   Last nights chart attached.  I did set the epr to 2 instead of 3 because initially on previous night it felt like I was having trouble breathing and that seems to have fixed issue.  Anything look like it needs to be changed?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The OAs seem to be positional, since they occur only in intervals. Also, you're hitting your max pressure.  The flow limits are probably driving the higher pressure, but your CPAP's EPR is maxed out on this setting.  I would test it by setting it to a 10 to 15 range.  The worst thing that can happen is it won't help.

Good luck!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,005 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 980 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 667 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,589 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,433 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,391 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,693 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.