Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy looking for some pressure setting advice
New guy looking for some pressure setting advice
Hi. I am 2 weeks in on the APAP experience and moderately indifferent to the results. I am a 56yo M, 6'0 and 195lbs. 16" neck.

My home study showed 10.6 AHI and I was prescribed the Airsense 11 with an f30i mask. I have kind of a large head and nose but they fitted me with a medium mask, I'm thinking of calling and asking for a large mask. Anyway, I took to the therapy fairly easily, couple of nights playing with the mask due to leaks and side sleeping, but now it's pretty good, although at high pressure I get leaks sleeping on my side. I am trying to become a back sleeper, we will see.

What I'd like to do is narrow my pressure window and lower the ramp time. I have already gone from 15 min to 10 min, but maybe I don't even need a ramp?

The reason that I am indifferent toward the results is I still feel sluggish in the morning, energy later in the day, this was the way it was before APAP. Now I am not saying it isn't amazing, it is. Not snoring anymore is crazy. My Galaxy watch always showed 4-5 hours of snoring, now it's always less than an hour...but it shows I am still unconsciously waking up a lot. That could just be a limitation/error on the Samsung health app. But I do still feel tired in the morning. I think the leaks hitting my eyes wakes me up now and them. 

Not having to pee 4 times a night is definitely a game changer.

I have attached 3 nights of OSCAR data. One of them was Super Bowl Sunday, and I was drunk as a poet on payday, so AHI would be at peak that night Smile

Thank you for your help.

[attachment=47979]
[attachment=47980]
[attachment=47981]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New guy looking for some pressure setting advice
Results look fine with 6.0 minimum and EPR 2 you never exceed 13 cm pressure and your median pressure hovers around 8.0. If you want to try something a bit different, I would suggest increasing minimum pressure to 8.0 and trying EPR at 3. This might reduce some flow limitation and pressure fluctuations, while pressure will stay in the same general range. Anything you do to settings should be kept or rejected on the basis of comfort, as efficacy is just fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New guy looking for some pressure setting advice
Wicked. Thank you so much. Yeah I'm sure it's fine, I guess I'm still wrestling with the fit of the mask. Waking up when it hits high pressure blowing in my eyes makes it tough. But not snoring is well worth it. Thank you again for your assistance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 61 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,021 Yesterday, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,234 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 169 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 193 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 328 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 169 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.