Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Evaluate me! Also - my provider and his hogwash...
RE: Evaluate me! Also - my provider and his hogwash...
My settings on my machine:

Auto

Optistart on

Ezstart on

Auto min - 7

Auto max - 20

Humidity - 3

Temp - 3

Smart ramp off

No ramp

Flex is Aflex

Flex is 2
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.
Post Reply Post Reply
It makes no sense that your machine does not properly increase pressure. You need higher pressure. I will recommend that you verify the settings are in Auto CPAP mode with a minimum pressure of 9.0 and maximum pressure of 20.0, Optistart, EZstart and Ramp off. If you are using Flex, make sure the setting is 1 or 2 but do not use setting 3 as it usually results in poor timing. See this link if you are unsure how to access the settings: https://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-...structions

It would be great if you will attach OSCAR screenshots as described n the Organizing your Charts link in my signature. There are many clues in the screenshot to help us evaluate the issues that do not appear in the PDF report you posted above.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing the OSCAR graphs as described above will help in trouble shooting. It is possible that your unit is faulty. If so we want you to have the information necessary to exipdite it's replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/NKxIHQO"><a href="//imgur.com/NKxIHQO"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure if that worked...I'm so sorry if it didn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the OPtstart and Ezstart are causing the issues, one limits the max pressure over a number of day the other sets the minimum pressure over 30 hrs, you better off with both turned off, and getting effective treatment from the start
Post Reply Post Reply
try this
Post Reply Post Reply
Almost there with your charts. The experts will want to see information that’s on the left side, and it’d be nice if you could get the graphs ordered so that all the key ones will be visible in a single screen shot. Excellent instruction here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Don’t forget to turn off the calendar and pie chart!
Post Reply Post Reply
Although your charts don't show settings, you are experiencing a significant malfunction. Please set your machine to CPAP mode at 12 cm (fixed pressure) and see if it properly responds to that setting. On Monday, get over to the DME, explain the machine is not performing as expected, and request a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset to replace it. They may not replace the machine, but they at least need to verify the function of the Philips.

I have a couple questions. Your machine shows constant snoring. Do you hear a noise coming from the machine? Persistent snores may be an internal problem to the machine. If these apena events are real, then you need higher pressure and positional therapy. We don't know if the CPAP can remedy the obstruction until it actually produces a therapeutic pressure. As best we can see, it is providing a fixed pressure of 8.0. Please set the minimum pressure to 12, or use a fixed pressure of 12 so we can test that it will provide this pressure. Turn off optisstart, EZstart and all ramp functions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay - I think I got this figured out....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Chart is good! Your therapy is terrible. Please do an experiment with higher minimum or fixed pressure. Your machine is not operating as expected and probably needs repair or replacement. If possible, please try to get the Autoset I suggested above. Please verify you have turned off Optistart, EZstart and Ramp.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 298 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 288 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 354 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 585 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 281 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Bleep Eclipse DME Provider corgan115 10 2,321 11-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  My medical provider called me, they want to schedule my titration study. Should I go? Phil487 8 1,100 07-06-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.