Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events per hour?
Events per hour?
I had what I thought was a pretty good nites sleep,looking at my numbers on my resmed,my events per hour was 22.6 and ahi was 11.4 what's the diff between the two?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Events per hour?
(07-16-2017, 09:46 AM)12gauge Wrote: I had what I thought was a pretty good nites sleep,looking at my numbers on my resmed,my events per hour was 22.6 and ahi was 11.4 what's the diff between the two?
Where is the "events per hour" number coming from?
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed app
Post Reply Post Reply
Only guessing but they could be including RERA's in the events, but they would not be included in AHI.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Try downloading sleepyhead program then post your no. It will help get you question answered.
Post Reply Post Reply
Come on guys and gals,somebody knows the difference between events per hour and ahi
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is the apnea and hypopnea index. It does not include RERA. I believe Dave said that already.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

"Events per hour" is a generic term and typically means the same as AHI. However each manufacturer likes to invent its own language and use of terms.

That's the best answer you're going to get with as little information as you have provided.

To toss it back to you, "Resmed app" is also a generic term and could mean MyAir or ResScan or something else.

If you want better answers, provide better information.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2017, 11:05 AM)DavePaulson Wrote: Only guessing but they could be including RERA's in the events, but they would not be included in AHI.

Dave

The ResMed MyAir app does not include RERAs. When I have compared the MyAir number and SleepyHead AHI are the same or very close.

12guage,

AHI is the number of apnea events per hour plus the number of hypopnea events per hour. RERA events per hour are also reported by SleepyHead but are not included in the AHI. Large leak events are also presented but as a % of run time and not an hourly index. So there are different types of events and it is not possible to answer your question any better with the information we have. Give SleepyHead a try.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok,my air is the app,if it means the same thing why do I have two different readings ,as I stated before eph was like 22.6 and the ahi was in the low 11's if they are the same why are the readings so different,and it should be fairly obvious that I am a newbie and when you throw out terms like RERA,I have no idea what your talking about,All I'm looking for is a simple definition,thanks for the reply
Post Reply Post Reply
We don't know why the numbers are different. You won't get an answer by continuing to ask the same question.

Paula gave you a very good explanation of terms in your other thread yesterday. You said in that thread you would get SleepyHead. Once you have it and can post data we will all be on the same page and will be able to advise you.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 59 Today, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,352 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 197 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 224 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 115 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 156 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,559 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.