Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events per hour and mouth guard
Events per hour and mouth guard
Hi question please 

My events per hour have increased since I started wearing my mouth guard last week. 
Wed. So wed and Friday low but all others I have seen s trend . I am usually under one and now over one with sometimes 2.5  I had 1.6 yesterday  and the lowest was .3 on Friday.  I don't know if it is coincidence or what is happening I know under 5 is good.  So my question is does events  per hour increase when you use mouth guard. Thank you again fir reading my post
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Events per hour and mouth guard
AHI is just part of the data.

What is the mouthguard supposed to do for you? Stop leaks? Did it? What were the leaks before?

Or was it to line up your teeth and therefore your jaw?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2017, 05:34 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: AHI is just part of the data.

What is the mouthguard supposed to do for you? Stop leaks? Did it? What were the leaks before?

Or was it to line up your teeth and therefore your jaw?

No I use it for grinding no fir my apnea. I have no leaks in my machine
Post Reply Post Reply
The interesting thing is I have also noticed I get a slightly lower AHI score when I forget to wear my bruxism (night time grinding of teeth) guard... Unfortunately wearing it is also important, so I suppose even if there is a small hit to AHI because of it we should still wear it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my numbers for events per week  from llast Wed when I wore my mouth guard .     Wed 0.5. Thursday  2. 4   Friday 0.6 Saturday 1.7 Sunday 2.2 Monday 1 Tuesday 1.9  and wed 1.6.

My machine says my current ahi is 0.9
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2017, 05:50 PM)I Marillion Wrote: The interesting thing is I have also noticed I get a slightly lower AHI score when I forget to wear my bruxism (night time grinding of teeth) guard...   Unfortunately wearing it is also important, so I suppose even if there is a small hit to AHI because of it we should still wear it.

I wonder why it is lower How much lower does it get when you don't wear the night guard My ahi has gone up because of the events per hour I had o.4  and now 0.9. It is going up .   I am going for my second study this time with my mask next week I am going to tell them that I am going to wear my mouth guard last time they did not allow me too because they said they won't be able to hear if I am grinding if I wear  the guard .  I am going to tell them that I need to wear it so they can see how im doing with it on or else it might be different
Post Reply Post Reply
Update my ahi  is now one and my events per hour 1.8  I am really concerned about this and also not getting quality of sleep yet
Post Reply Post Reply
What number do you think it should be?    An AHI of 0.0 is like a hole-in-one in golf.  .  . It happens but not every day.     1"ish" is a very good number.     More importantly; How do you feel?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A bruxism guard is likely changing the amount your throats is allowed to relax due to its thickness causing slightly more obstruction? That is my best gues. You may even be gettting some mouth leakage if it is making your lips separate, thus breaking the seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson is right. A number around 1 is a great score and nothing to worry about. A 0 is exceedingly rare and you should not worry about trying to attain it.

The difference in general from using my mouthguard is minimal. Maybe a .4 -.7 increase? But this may be coincidental. I have not done any extended testing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daytime events huge spike liz0859 4 95 Yesterday, 07:56 PM
Last Post: liz0859
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 115 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 10 1,384 04-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 348 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 235 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 167 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 112 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.