Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pablov's Therapy Thread
pablov's Therapy Thread
Hi everyone,

New poster here looking for help on what to make of my OSCAR data. I've been lurking the forums and learning a lot, though I am still pretty lost on how I can use this data and optimize my sleep performance.

I've been using my CPAP for about a week now and my nightly AHIs have ranged between 4 to 12. I feel a noticeable difference on a couple of days where I wake up feeling weel rested while on CPAP therapy. However most days feel the same as before I started using the CPAP.

I've noticed most of my events logged on OSCAR are due to Clear Airways (CA) and Hypopneas (H). I'm looking to try to reduce these events if anyone has any ideas on what I should try. 

Attached are my graphs from past few nights (sans last night.) Looking forward to any assistance.

Thanks,
Pablo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pablov's Therapy Thread
welcome to the forum

You have two things going on, Some positional apnea as indicated by clusters of obstructive events which you may be able to manage via pillow modification, think 2 vs 1 pillow and flatter, less firm to minimize your tendency to tuck your chin.

The other is your hypopneas and Flow Limits are a bit high so set
Min Pressure = 7 and
EPR=3, Fulltime.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick reply, I greatly appreciate it. I will work on the chin tucking issue and I am making those CPAP changes now. I'll post an update tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Adding graphs for the past two nights (2/18 & 2/19) using the updated Min Pressure and EPR CPAP settings. 

I still think I may be chin tucking? I'm finding it difficult to catch myself doing this throughout the night, so I've ordered a cervical collar off Amazon which I should be receiving today. Going to give that a try. 

Also on the hypopneas, I'm not sure what to look at, but I am seeing 25 and 26 events in the last two nights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Updating the thread with 3 more nights of data. 

These past three nights I started using a soft cervical collar to see if it was to any benefit. I did notice my Clear Airways apneas were reduced while my Obstructive Apneas increased. I think I read somewhere that this is normal and expected? I can't remember.

Since I have reached my attachment size quota, I'll be posting links to imgur of my OSCAR graphs.
Open to any suggestions. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 5 120 7 hours ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,250 9 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 74 9 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 79 1,474 Yesterday, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 184 04-22-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 75 1,593 04-22-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 126 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.