Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Experiences with F & P Vitera FF Mask
Experiences with F & P Vitera FF Mask
Hi
Has anyone tried out the F & P Vitera Mask?

I am currently using a Resmed F30 mask, its very comfortable but moves around a lot and has large leaks.

Look forward to your replies
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Experiences with F & P Vitera FF Mask
I have been using the Vitera for several months now.  I can only compare it to the Simplus.  I have labeled the Vitera as,  "The Son of Simplus".  

While appearing identical, the Simplus and the Vitera masks are not interchangeable with the other's headgear. It takes some close observations to see the differences.  The Vitera's silicon seal on has about double the compression distance along the nose bridge area opposed to the Simplus's.  This allows for greater movement before the you lose seal.  Oh, before I forget,  both the Simplus and the Vitera mask sizes are the same overall dimensions.  This means that if you wear a certain size in one model, the same size will work on the other.

Some other observations;
  • The Vitera headgear is noticeably lighter than the Simplus's.  
  • Different hose connector design and hose bushing.
  • Life span  - Too soon to tell.  I'm still using my original Simplus mask and that has been 5.5 years since I started with it.
  • Since the release of the Vitera, prices on the Simplus and its masks have really dropped.
Finally, once you have either one of them on, you don't really feel any difference.

I occasionally also use the F&P Brevida.  To me, F&P make some great masks.  I only wish they would show their machine the same love.
- But that is just me . . .

Note: No masks were harmed during the writing of this review. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After obtaining a new machine, I want to try this (and maybe a few others) F & P mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love my Vitera and use it nightly. This is after failing the F10, Airtouch F20, Dreamwear FF, Amara View, and a couple of nasal pillows.

I find that the headgear stretches a bit overnight so sometimes I have leaks in the morning, but a minor strap readjustment fixes it. Overall quality/fit and finish seems better than what I've seen from Resmed and Philips.

You should get one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2020, 09:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I have been using the Vitera for several months now.  I can only compare it to the Simplus.  I have labeled the Vitera as,  "The Son of Simplus".  
[...]
Note: No masks were harmed during the writing of this review. Big Grin

Thank you for the excellent review Crimson Nape. I've been looking at this FFM for a little while now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wondering if F & P will give a CPAP mask if I buy one of their dishwashers...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well Dave, the worst they can say is, "Hell NO!".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape for the review.

I have been using the F30 for only 4 weeks and looks as tho I will need to replace the cushion to bring the leaks down and the cushions are one of the most expensive ones around.

I had been using the Simplus mask and yes they are well made and durable, but compared with the F30 my mask pressure is higher by 3 cm with the Simplus and I think this caused the uncomfortable aerophagia. I assume that the Simplus mask puts pressure on the sides of my nose causing nasal restriction.
Is there more clearance away from the sides of the nose with the Vitera mask?

The Vitera could be worth trying,

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Serious note, I do think F & P masks look to be very high quality, and I'll be getting Vitera and some others. If nothing else but to see what's the best mask for me. Thanks for the input Crimson Nape. Happy Friday y'all.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
5.5 years on the same cushion? how in the world
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 749 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 1,055 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy
Gross F&P Vitera “pops” when on my back N6GQ 4 594 08-29-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: raylock1
  [Equipment] Any experiences with Ventmed VM8 or other Ventmed devices? Bhante 2 571 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Bhante
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 732 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [Treatment] MBRP experiences? JonathanG 0 426 06-16-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: JonathanG
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,630 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.