Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Experts. Please help.
Experts. Please help.
I am new here. Live in Germany. I started the therapy on 3 Aug 2017. I haven't seen any improvement in my sleep quality yet. I did my sleep study back in May. My AHI was 29. Please help.

[Image: 6id9YOkl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Experts. Please help.
how did you get a link or image inserted ?  did you do 4 posts today, also?
Post Reply Post Reply
yes just refresh the main page and start your thread

follow this link to insert your image
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Post Reply Post Reply
It can take a while for our sleep and sense of wellness to recover from years of sleep disturbance. You have been on CPAP therapy for two weeks. It's common to have high expectations that after starting therapy you will wake up refreshed and renewed, but the reality is it takes time. You are using your Autoset in fixed CPAP mode, and without EPR. There are a lot of adjustments that might improve your comfort and effectiveness. It tends to be trial and error, and you just have to find what makes you feel most comfortable and better rested. If you want to try something different, using Autoset mode with a minimum pressure of 8 and maximum pressure of 12 with EPR at 2 would be a conservative set of automatic settings that will maintain current pressure and might add some comfort through pressure relief.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2017, 08:08 AM)netmouser Wrote: how did you get a link or image inserted ?  did you do 4 posts today, also?

netmouser, please check your PM's.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks a lot!
I guess you are right its too early to make a noticeable progress. Will take your advise and make the adjustments. thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fifa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Just be patient, it takes some time to get used to CPAP therapy. But as you use it and possibly make some adjustments, (such as the ones Sleeprider has suggested,)
it will get better.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When UARS Is Lung Disease? Lung experts? Apnea23 25 1,759 07-06-2023, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Apnea23
  [Equipment] Calling all electronics experts.... macca1024 0 620 03-19-2022, 02:27 AM
Last Post: macca1024
  Thanks to the Experts clownbell 7 803 04-26-2021, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Marillion
  Flow Rate Graph, Mini Arousals - Experts Needed hallra 49 4,839 05-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  A few questions for the Experts streetwolf 5 1,287 10-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink Thyroid Disease and CPAP Question - Need Thyroid Experts linn 17 4,842 11-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Terry
  If my settings are there to limit, then why.... (asv experts and all experts) vig1116 4 2,432 08-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.