Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Extremely Large Negative AHI's
Extremely Large Negative AHI's
In reviewing my Oscar data I came across 4 days with very large negative AHI's (in the 10's of thousands).  The first session in each of the four days were also negative hours (in the 100 of thousand hours) and probably the reason that the ahi's were negative.

Obviously these are corrupted data, but any idea why they are occurring?  Is my CPAP machine failing?

How do I delete these days so that don't affect my statistics?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Extremely Large Negative AHI's
Go to those days with the negative values and use the Data > Advanced > Purge Current Selected Day.    After purging any or all the days, you might try reimporting the data to see if it corrects it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which version of OSCAR are you using? or are you still using SleepyHead as your profile indicates?
We definitely corrected a similar issue in an earlier version of OSCAR so let's make sure you have the current version.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for your replies. Your help was most appreciated. Indeed, I was not using the latest version. After installing it, the problems with negative ahi's and sleep hours were corrected!

I have since noticed a period of about 70 days that all data were missing (from mid Nov 2020 to late January 2021) but all data below Pressure Data on the overview charts were missing for 435 days.

Is there an explanation for the data gaps .... why some data items are missing but other are recorded?

I tried re-importing from the memory card but the data gaps remain. Do I need to take other steps prior to re-importing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your SD card holds only so many days worth of detailed data. After that, it will have only summary data. If you didn't backup your SD card to your PC (Highly recommended), maybe you had the backup option turned on in your previous version. You will need to look for a folder in your OSCAR_Data > Profiles > YourUserName > CPAP-Name+S/N > Backup.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Events Tab - Large Leak edition dataq1 12 1,222 12-02-2021, 07:35 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  OSCAR- Last time the machine was used is negative one (-1) days ago with 1.2.0. nl255 1 673 01-26-2021, 09:47 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Large differences in AHI between Oscar and DeVilbiss [reason: see post #7] Thanassis 10 2,576 06-13-2020, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Jarm
  Really Long Negative Number Chris43156 18 2,111 11-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Chris43156
  OSCAR Preferences Window too large for screen Perchas 14 2,084 05-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Large unexplained gaps in SleepyHead reports go2sleep 18 4,037 12-06-2018, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Cam12
  Large Leak Redline WLKSRQ 4 1,657 10-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.