Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks
RE: F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks
I stopped using the ResMed F20 foam cushion and now use and prefer the F20 silicone cushion, which is much more durable, much easier to clean and sanitize, and has less leakage even when the cushion is not new. If cost were no object, then I'd get the F20 foam cushion and change the dirty foam cushion every week or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
"and has less leakage"

that was not my experience, allthough I'm a new guy.

on the other points I'd absolutely agree.
Post Reply Post Reply
An oily, dirty F20 foam cushion, which cannot ever be washed, breaks down and separates, but a silicone cushion, which can be washed every day, does not break down the same way. A cushion that breaks down and cracks leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
" A cushion that breaks down and cracks leaks"

Again, absolute agree on this point. It started happening to me right at 30 days. I should have shot a pic before I tossed it.

On the flip side, BEFORE it went south it sealed better that a regular F20. Also, didn't cause uncomfortable nose pinching.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a F20 for several months, I found that the foam cushions worked just fine. You can clean them every day with normal mask cleaners.   For me, the secret to no leaks was to use a mouth guard with either the foam or silicon cushions.  I found that my mouth would open and drop when I was sleeping causing my mask to leak like a sieve by my chin area.  The mouth guard stopped my mouth from opening.   To check, put your F20 mask on just like normal, turn on the CPAP and while on your back or side open your mouth and see if it leaks.   If it does try a mouth guard.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exploring some options for that now, thanks Steve!

Are you talking about mask wipes?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes mask wipes, I use So Clean just the brand my supplier sells.  I would imagine that most brands would work just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Steve!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the F20 Air Touch and get very few mask leads. There are two kinds of leaks--mask and mouth. As I understand it, with info from this forum, mask leaks show up as sharp spikes on OSCAR and mouth leaks as flat topped ones. I have many more mouth leaks than mask--that's what forced me into wearing a full face mask. I averaged less than 1 large leak per night for the past 30 days but do have to wear it cinched up fairly tight. 6 weeks out of one cushion isn't unusual.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 227 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 140 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 108 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.