Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM mask templates, where can I find them
FFM mask templates, where can I find them
I've had the same style FFM mask for a while.  I think it's slightly too small for me.  However, the larger size falls over my chin, so I can't use it.  There are lots of recommendations for new ones.  I can ask my DME for a new one, but it would be helpful to know what size to get.  Is there a place on this site that has templates for fitting?

Another problem with my mask is it leaks slightly around my eyes.  I get bags under my eyes, and many times my eyes are watery or weeping on wakeup.  Are there FFM masks that have worked well for you?  I have to wear the mask up on the bridge of my nose because I have a deviated septum.  If it's lower on the nose, like the instructions say, it blocks my breathing.

This would be an opportunity for 3D scanned masks.  Do they exist?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FFM mask templates, where can I find them
Look at hybrid masks they seal under the nose not over it.

Read the mask primer in my signature. It contains links to many fitting guides from multiple manufactures
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2020, 04:01 PM)happydreams Wrote: I've had the same style FFM mask for a while.  I think it's slightly too small for me.  However, the larger size falls over my chin, so I can't use it.  There are lots of recommendations for new ones.  I can ask my DME for a new one, but it would be helpful to know what size to get.  Is there a place on this site that has templates for fitting?

Another problem with my mask is it leaks slightly around my eyes.  I get bags under my eyes, and many times my eyes are watery or weeping on wakeup.  Are there FFM masks that have worked well for you?  I have to wear the mask up on the bridge of my nose because I have a deviated septum.  If it's lower on the nose, like the instructions say, it blocks my breathing.

This would be an opportunity for 3D scanned masks.  Do they exist?

Hi happydreams,
I use a Fisher&Paykel Simplus and have for years.  I purchased the 1st one from Supplier #26 (see Supplier List above).  I found a Sizing Guide .pdf document on their site, which I printed and used to get my size.  The sizing is the same for the F&P Vitera, said to be the successor for the Simplus.  Both masks have a relatively roomy interior, and flexible area over the nose.  I also use Remzzz mask liners to help with sealing and to diffuse small leaks that may occur.  I'm a side-sleeper, and this doesn't seem to cause issues with leakage for me.  It might be worth your while to try one of these.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
In the mask Primer
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ing_Guides
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all.  I have read the primer.  My takeaway is that I just haven't found the mask that fits me well enough yet.  I did try adjusting my current mask (AirFit F10) differently (according to the instructions in the primer) and it helped last night.  Less tight, yet still sealing*.  I had a couple of leaks, but they were of short duration.  The mask was more comfortable.  

What's not apparent is a method besides random choice to help one converge on a good mask.  It would be nice if the masks were characterized as to fit.  This seems to me to be quite difficult to achieve, due to obvious reasons.  No one has the same face, nor the same issues.  Nonetheless, some sort of guide could be useful.  

*My AirFit F10 mask blows air onto my eyes.  Even last night.  Not even sure if it's really the seal, the elbow sure moves a lot of air up towards my eyes, but I can sure feel air movement on my eyelids and eyelashes.  In the primer there is a mention of pajama material to help with bridge nose leaks, but what kind of material is this?  Approximate thickness?
Post Reply Post Reply
Homemade versions often use T-shirts, think flannel, a bit stiffer than t-shirts
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2020, 12:20 PM)bonjour Wrote: Homemade versions often use T-shirts, think flannel, a bit stiffer than t-shirts

I'll try it.  Nothing to lose and a possibly great benefit!  

I'm reminded of a saying, "if you don't change anything, how can you expect things to be different?"  

I'll try some tee shirts that are already cut up into rags.  Think the old worn out flannels shirts are gone now, but maybe there's one hiding from me.  Time to go look.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 508 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,334 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 358 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 359 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 501 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  ResMed Sizing templates cps22 4 574 11-27-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 482 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.