Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FROM AS 10 AUTO TO AIRCURVE VAUTO
RE: FROM AS 10 AUTO TO AIRCURVE VAUTO
I was referring to your previous post, using PS 5.0.  A little more detail. Compared to PS 4.0 your pressure varied considerably less with a maximum pressure just over 16 rather than nearly 18 at PS 4.0.  The residual flow limitation appears to have resolved, and we see more complete inspiratory flow, and increase in tidal volume and decrease in inspiratory time with PS 5.0 as compared to 4.0.  This comes with an increase of CA events, so I concluded that you do better with PS above 4.0, but I think your optimum is less than 5.0.  You said, "I didn't feel bad" in spite of the higher AHI.  My suggestion of PS 4.6 is to keep the gains with higher PS, but to backup enough to bring your central events down just a bit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Made the change to PS 4.6. Below is result on day 2 after change. Day 1 was a higher AHI than normal. Day 2 is lower than normal. I have noticed that I am havinn dreams again with the VAUTO. Anything more to change?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It seems your flow limit has not returned, and if this becomes a longer term trend, I think you have found a more effective and comfortable therapy setting. At t his point you're nearly dialed in, and any changes should be kept small and done for comfort. It's encouraging to hear you're sleeping better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks much for your help and Fred's too. I will leave the settings alone for a week and see what happens. I beliive that the foam collar deserves lots of credit for lowering my AHI along with your settings to mitigate the flow limitationns.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought it was time to provide an update. I remain at 4.6 PS and am still using the collar. I feel pretty good. Below are 3 screenshots - my last 3 days of data. The first is probably of my worst night ever. I beliieve it was caused by using a new Quattro mask to replace my old one. The second screenshot is after I made some fit corrections to reduce leaks. The third one (last night) is after a few tweaks to the mask fit. I selected these 3 screenshots to emphasize to others than getting leaks down to a minimum is really important.

I remain concerned about the number of centrals and flow limitations.

Any recommendations for further changes to VPAP settings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Incredible how bad the Dec 20 results look compared to subsequent nights. For me, the takeaway is not to rely on one night for radical changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I could not agree more. Whenever I change out masks bad things happen, but not as bad as the 20 Dec night. Any recommendations for changes of my VPAP settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
Crowman, you AHI is fine except when it is not. We would need to look closer at the flow rate to see if there is something there, or hear a specific issue you have with the therapy. Basically, if you're comfortable with it, so am I without knowing any different.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I would like it better, and to get rid of the groupings of CA and FL. Below are closeups for the 3 nights. I have been on CPAP/APAP/VAUTO for around 20 years and had 2 nights with an AHI of 0. The collar has generally kept me under 1.0 most nights. When I have an occasional bad night there are always groups of events (clusters) over a short period of time.

Post Reply Post Reply
I really don't know what to suggest. You have great results nearly all the time and considering options for higher pressure support or higher pressure, nothing stands out to me. At this stage of optimization, experimenting with relatively small changes in either PS or EPAP min is something you can certainly do. All your charts, are missing the pressure chart, so at any point in time, I don't know what the machine is doing from these charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 202 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.