Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Factor's Treatment Thread
RE: DreamStation to Airsense 10 autoset
(06-22-2021, 06:16 PM)SarcasticDave9 Wrote: Do you have any diagnosic reports, full detailed ones? Yes, good, post redacted version here. No.. Try to get it maybe.

In the absence of that report, we may need to see by how CA reacts then instead.
Here are OSCAR reports some from DS1.

AS10 reports

So felt good today.  Slept well.  No waking up at all.  I dont have alot to complain about.  I think I just wasn't aware of ho much more efficient Resmed is.  If you all see any thing that jumps out at you please let me know.

I tried to include Obs, Hp, and CA for review.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
OK got it. Really not anything to point out to edit. All stats are well within acceptable ranges. You state you're feeling good today, so just a repeat performance is suggested. If you can string together a nice trend of several days, you'll be doing just fine. Take note if anything feels off or starts heading the wrong way, then we revisit and see what's shown up.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave

I will check back in sometime next week. Unless something interesting happens.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Per your charts, your DS pressure support from flex was .6. Which is a big difference from the pressure support of 3 from ResMed's EPR=3. That difference can initiate the CO2 flush increase lowering your CO2 levels and causing treatment emergent central Apneas. EPR=1 was a good move. EPR is used to treat hypopnoea, flow Limits and such (not OA), something your DS can not do with flex. If you see an increase in those events you may need to increase EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2021, 04:22 PM)Gideon Wrote: Per your charts, your DS pressure support from flex was .6. Which is a big difference from the pressure support of 3 from ResMed's EPR=3.  That difference can initiate the CO2 flush increase lowering your CO2 levels and causing treatment emergent central Apneas.  EPR=1 was a good move.  EPR is used to treat hypopnea, flow Limits and such (not OA), something your DS can not do with flex.  If you see an increase in those events you may need to increase EPR.
Yeah thats what I was noticing.  It seems Flex and EPR are not similar at all.  Once I looked at the EPAP on both I saw it.  Was like this can't be good.. .6 cmh2o vs 3 cmh2o big difference.

I will go back a review my Hypopnea Hx and see if I have a lot.   

I wonder if we should ad something in here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...lief_(EPR)
or here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ure_relief
for Users of other machines that the settings are not really similar?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to post some more charts and let you all tell me your thoughts

Good night good day 

Bad night bad day
Note: Had caffeine about 2 hours before bed.  Not something I knew till it was to late..

day after 

Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2021, 04:22 PM)Gideon Wrote: EPR is used to treat hypopnoea, flow Limits and such (not OA), something your DS can not do with flex.  If you see an increase in those events you may need to increase EPR.

Can you explain more about this or point me to documentation.

In general I hear you saying 
if FL and H is low  = EPR no or low (1)

if FL and H is High = EPR 2 or 3

?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
As for the charts, 2 of 3 were less than 1 AHI. The one you thought would be rough looking was by comparison, so no surprise. No action required IMO.

For myself, I have to compare my ASV machine's PS with your EPR. EPR or PS 1 is going to subtract if EPR and add if PS. So your last chart has your Min pressure at 9 with EPR 1. This nets an 8 cmH2O to start for you. If on my ASV we'd want that same 1 pressure differential, my Min pressure is called EPAP and instead of EPR I've got PS. To do the same as yours, my EPAP starts at 8, PS adds 1 and I'm at 9 too.

Either EPR or PS, that differential combats the flow limits due to that differential being there. Why? In part because exhale is lower, and there's extra pressure stepping in on inhale. Inhales take power to pull (muscles like the diaphragm) or push air in (PAP or ventilator), but the exhales are gravity fed by the loss of power from the diaphragm pulling or the PAP pushing air in. That difference can make inhales easier than otherwise, and it tends to reduce Flow limitation.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All three of your recent results show good results and a reasonable flow limitation of 0.04 to 0.06. lower flow limit was associated with better sleep and comfort. Your EPR is at 1. Why not try 2 and trust us? It will be better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2021, 05:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: All three of your recent results show good results and a reasonable flow limitation of 0.04 to 0.06.  lower flow limit was associated with better sleep and comfort.  Your EPR is at 1. Why not try 2 and trust us? It will be better.

So I have read this 
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Flow_Limit.
and 
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rpretation

So no median FL issues. My 95% is like you said .04 -.06 never been higher than .09.  So what makes epr 2 better than 1?  

So more into learning about it all so I can help people too.  Its not a trust thing I believe you but I have more of teach me to fish mind..
Thanks
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 60 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 970 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,592 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.