Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Failure mode - what does it mean
Failure mode - what does it mean
My CPAP has started displaying this message:

"Motor life exceeded, contact service provider"

RESMED   S9  Elite  EPR  REF 36003
S/N 22112062080     With H5i

Run hrs  22518

Has anybody seen a message like this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Failure mode - what does it mean
Yes you have had your S9 for over 7.7 years based on 8hrs use a night. The expected life is arround 5yrs, time to look at getting a replacement your S9 has done its duty.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would recommend either of the new AutoSets and retain your S9 as a backup.
The AutoSets vs the Elite because of their versatility.
Because of your higher pressure (17) I would even consider the BiLevel VAuto. ResMed titration protocol says to consider the VAuto when 15 and over
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have Medicare or an insurance provider, call them and ask for advice -- they often arrange for a new machine. Or, you may wish to call your DME or certified repair facility. They can check your unit, replace worn components, and reset the counter that triggers the message. However, if the repair cost is over $200, invest in a new machine.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an idea. My cpap-machine ResMed AutoSense 10 is in bedside table on lower level. So, I don't see very well the display of cpap-machine.

How about if Oscar would show this kind of cpap-machine messages? Is that possible? Does cpap-machine have something message in it's data on SD-card?
Post Reply Post Reply
I see 2 pieces of info, AHI and a leak indicator, both of which are readily apparent when viewing standard charts in OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
And if you're asking about the "motor life exceeded" message, there's not necessarily any way to read that from the files. We don't know what the motor life for any given machine is, and the blower hours aren't in the data files, at least not for PRS1.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 396 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR 1.5 , permissive mode vs. clinical mode JCW888 8 1,232 12-06-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  "Mode and pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." manders513 5 750 08-06-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: manders513
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 889 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
Arrow Difference between Response Standard, Soft and Autoset for Her mode skvbksc321 0 514 01-18-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: skvbksc321
  Oscar 1.3 "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." DrNefario 8 1,353 11-18-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  SD Card Failure TigerBoy 2 481 10-07-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: TigerBoy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.