Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fault Finding, machine not clocking correct hours
Fault Finding, machine not clocking correct hours
Hello, I'm hoping to hear from anyone that may be able to advise me on why my S9 machine is not clocking correct hours. As an example, I wear the mask and run the machine for say 6 hours, yet when I check the info, it may only say 3.9 hours. The smart start feature is set to off. I would very much appreciate any insight, thanks.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fault Finding, machine not clocking correct hours
Hi funnyBizns - Welcome

A Resmed's day runs from noon to noon. Do you have the time set to your location? Do you sleep through noon?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape, I just checked the time and it is incorrect, then when I try to change it, the message is that this time is invalid as data already exists. Do you know how I can correct the time on this machine, hopefully, correct time, might fix the clocked time blocks. I appreciate your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're trying to set the date/time to a point that data exists(recorded) for that period. You can set it back to just after this time and then keep setting it each day until you get to where you need to be, Or, reformat your SD card and reset your system. The later option is immediate.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Adjust the clock back just before you go to bed it will give the biggest range of adjustment
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape, thank you, so helpful. I now understand why I was not seeing a single block of hours. It's a secondhand machine and I've only just started using it so getting used to it. I have managed to adjust the clock to the correct time but the date is ahead by a day. You obviously have very good knowledge but I'm not quite sure how to carry out the 2 methods you suggested but I'll keep trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jaswilliams, thank you, I'll give it a go. I'm new to this, so I'm still finding my way.
Post Reply Post Reply
For initial help adjusting your S9, go here:  https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

For even further help,  you can request a clinician manual for your S9.  Go to this link below in the members only section.  You will have to be logged in to view this information.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Scroll below Section 3 for instructions on obtaining this manual.

Keep us informed.

Oh! I almost forgot.  You will need to verify your S9 model before asking for the manual.  Here is an identification image:
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape, your help is amazing, I now have it sorted, correct date and time, thank you. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 287 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 223 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.