Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feature Request - Custom Settings [OSCAR]
Feature Request - Custom Settings [OSCAR]
It would be awesome to have a set of checkboxes/drop downs to indicate whether I slept:

- Wearing a collar or not
- Taken a certain medication or not
- What mask I was wearing
- What pillow I slept on (CPAP, Memory Foam, Feather, etc)
- Other machine settings not read by Oscar (e.g. trigger/cycle)
- Or any other custom flags I need

Then, the input from these custom settings would be reported on the Daily view(under machine settings), Overview and the Statistics. This would give more insight on what is affecting therapy.

For daily input interface, there could be a little button on the "Machine Settings" section on the daily view, when that button is clicked it pops up a little window for inputting the daily values for these custom settings. Or, instead of a button, the text "Machine Settings" could be clickable to pop-up the custom settings input window.

Additionally, the user could be prompted for this input on daily imports. This would work better for me since I import daily. The workflow will be: insert SD into PC -> click import -> input custom setting values -> done

The Custom Settings list and possible values can be defined from the main preferences dialog. Each custom setting can be either a binary selection (a checkbox) or one choice from a dropdown list. Defaults could also be defined there.

I suggest this addition because I'm typing all this info on the Daily Notes and there is no way to cross-reference these things (collar, mask, etc) to the resulting AHI/FL etc. If there is interest in this, I have a few other related suggestions that I think would make sense too.

I humbly submit this to the OSCAR gods  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feature Request - Custom Settings
@MADAwake this is a good idea!  Notes will only get one so far.  If there was a way to indicate some of these things in OSCAR it would be great.  For the moment, I've had to resort to plotting some of this myself.  It's tedious, error prone, and in a way silly, since OSCAR could do this.  I guess the hard bit would be to come up with a general way of conveying this information that would suit most users.

What are your additional ideas on this?  

For myself, I'd like to integrate in position sensor information.  I made a 3D accelerometer sensor to determine my sleep position.  Still working on coding the data logging with a Real Time Clock.  Trying to log data at 25 Hz with a decent time stamp.  I know how to do this conceptually - but haven't worked through all the details.  Need to make the device sleep between samples to maximize battery life.  It's a side project, but a fun one.  I only can work on it when I get a great night's sleep, otherwise the software eludes me.  Unfortunately, I only get great nights about 3 days a month. Sad This is better than before, 3 days a year, but let's just say my therapy is still a work in progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feature Request - Custom Settings
The idea of supporting user-specified data is on our wish list. This probably won't happen until we redesign the database. That project is off in the future somewhere.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR "scrubber bar" feature? jdavis 2 230 02-22-2024, 09:42 PM
Last Post: jdavis
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 276 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR "Most recent" AHI doesn't match " Changes to Device Settings" macbob 5 1,038 01-19-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 484 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 853 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  Feature Request - OSCAR Linux rammjet 3 627 07-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: rammjet
  Can't set custom oximetry options in OSCAR Pixel Ninja 1 674 07-02-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.