Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback on OSCAR data
Feedback on OSCAR data
Hi,

I'm a relatively new CPAP user, and I want to make sure I have my settings dialed in appropriately. I have tweaked them a bit and have stuck with the current settings for a few weeks now. I'm attaching last night's data and a summary of the past few weeks. I did take a few days off for some travel, but otherwise I have used the machine nightly. My main goal is to improve my energy levels and eliminate my daytime fatigue. I'm not sure that has improved much since I started CPAP, but maybe a little.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feedback on OSCAR data
1. Looks like a minimum of 8cmH20 minus 3 EPR is not enough to keep your obstructive events at bay, please consider raising your minimum pressure to 9cmH20

2. Overall your leaks look good until the end of the night, you'll want to control those bursts of leaks and the sustained leak at the end. Optimally 95% leak rate of 0.00

Over the next couple of days, trial the higher minimum pressure and if in two to three days you're still seeing obstructive events then raise your minimum another 1cmH20 to 10cmH20.

In the end, you may consider switching to CPAP mode so you're preventing sleep disordered breathing as opposed to reacting to the events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I will try increasing to min 9 for the next few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bumped up the min pressure to 9 for the past 3 days. Here are the results. The first day AHI was under 1, but then it got a bit worse.

Should I bump up to min 10? Try something else like switch to CPAP mode? If I do that, what should the settings be?

Post Reply Post Reply
FOR WHAT ITS WORTH…….
My personal approach to fiddling with settings:

Unless a change made results in an immediate disaster, I will let several days pass, perhaps a week, before I evaluate the results of that change.

My theory is that on any given night I can experience a really good night or a really bad night for no obvious reason. 

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I think that's a very smart approach.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jobaaayyy, the settings change revealed you're affected by positional apnea.

Here's some reading for you:
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

Have you ever tried sleeping with a soft cervical collar? You're sleeping in a position that is closing off your airway as evidenced by the close proximity of events.

Would you mind zooming in on some of the clusters of obstructive events so we can confirm our suspicion?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I actually have been using a cervical collar for about the past month.

I'll try to upload some zoomed in images shortly. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are zoomed in screenshots. I hope I did this right--I'm not very familiar with Oscar data. I've tried to learn more about it, but it's not easy for a non-tech person like me. If this isn't what you need please let me know.

The summary data said I had 7 OA events during the night last night. The cervical collar has helped, I believe, but it doesn't appear to be entirely eliminating them.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2023, 12:17 PM)Jobaaayyy Wrote: Here are zoomed in screenshots. I hope I did this right--I'm not very familiar with Oscar data. I've tried to learn more about it, but it's not easy for a non-tech person like me. If this isn't what you need please let me know.

The summary data said I had 7 OA events during the night last night. The cervical collar has helped, I believe, but it doesn't appear to be entirely eliminating them.

The third screenshot looks like a position change / breath hold more than an obstructive event so I wouldn't worry about it but the rest look to be legitimate events considering the corresponding flow limit data as well. You may consider trying a couple different collars or even try it more loose / more tight and see how it ends up benefiting your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Help with pressure settings please (OSCAR data included) jc12312 2 81 Yesterday, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jc12312
  Help analyze OSCAR data - BIPAP Kriiistine 1 63 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New CPAP user first OSCAR data results Jhlopez 1 104 07-25-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 4 456 07-25-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Pogo007
  My journey begins - First Oscar Data thomas berner 5 188 07-25-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Narcil
Question [CPAP] Looking for advise based on my Oscar data Pogo007 3 127 07-25-2024, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Pogo007
  Importing O2 & Sleep Stage data into OSCAR?? David424 13 561 07-24-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: David424

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.