Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel like my Pillow isn't giving good therapy...reco to try?
RE: Feel like my Pillow isn't giving good therapy...reco to try?
I have to suppose then the Vitera isn't a good choice. I conveyed what I learned and it appears it didn't help you. I am out of ideas for this mask. I don't think any you tried was very successful. Maybe it's where you must get your RT to fit a mask to you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2021, 11:17 PM)tierdal Wrote: Which DME? What masks would you suggest?

How did you know when a mask wasn't giving you good treatment? Mines giving me a super low AHI (under 1, closer to .6 .. was .1 today). Can I trust that is good treatment? IT is so hard to know

Before I found this forum the hardest chore for me was finding a good equipment supplier. I had to ask everyone I met with OSA where they went and whether they were happy. I found those people at work (large office) because they had mask marks on their face first thing in the morning.

There are so many masks to try. We all have different shaped faces. A good mask fitter will look at your face and start showing you masks. My supplier lets me take masks home for a week. That's unusual.  

There's no sense in my suggesting a mask for you. I don't have the skill to figure out what will fit you.

I mouth breath. But I meet my needs by using a nasal mask and using a chin strap. Actually I've been using a Knightsbridge Dual Band, and I have a love/hate relationship with it.  It's a cap with two straps attached at one end.  i run the strap under my chin and up and attach the velcro at the end.  First results were perfect; but they range between ok then so-so and then atrocious.

If this didn't work a sleep doc would tell me to use a face mask.  I'd tell him I can't/won't due to claustrophobia.

What's good treatment?  For me it's good sleep quality and enough sleep to feel rested. Bare minimum is 4 hours sleep with mask and machine working, and score less than 5.

If I have to wear all this gear it had better work!  

How do I know when it's not working?  

I feel like crap.

Or My mask leaks a lot.

Or in the early days I took it off and slept without it.

Hope this helps.

I now use an autoset machine. A humidifier. A heated hose, with a hose support. A nasal mask. And the knightsbridge dual strap, or a pad I made myself that fits under my chin.  I've been compliant for well over 30 years. But my treatment finally worked when people here provided assistance. I'd bounced from another forum where I didn't fit in.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Nm, I thought it was the thread on the pillow, My Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 61 1,042 53 minutes ago
Last Post: Little Olive
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep arturg 4 147 5 hours ago
Last Post: arturg
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 0 43 7 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 52 746 8 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 475 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 492 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 978 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.